QueryTracker Community
July 18, 2018, 11:28:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sub req with only one query out, what would you do?  (Read 593 times)
koji

« on: November 16, 2017, 02:29:52 AM »

I ended up in a bit of a weird situation.

I have a new ms I intend to start querying soon. I jumped the gun a bit and did pitdark with it, got a like, and sent it in. I like the agent I sent it to, but she is definitely not my top/dream agent.

Now she has requested a sub and I still haven't queried any of my top agents yet. Generally I send out a batch of 5 queries with a mix of top agents, middle agents, and possible agents. But I skipped it this time. So, do I send out to my top agents just in case I get an offer from her? Or do I hold off a bit longer?

In full disclosure, this is the ms I submitted to amm, but I doubt I will get a mentor as I received no requests from the contest. Still, I would like to hold off on full querying until I get any feedback and the mentees are released on Saturday.

Any advice?
jldelozier

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:48:27 AM »

Saturday's not far away, and it usually takes agents 3 months if not more to read a full, so I wouldn't sweat it. I'd start querying after Saturday unless you get some manuscript-shattering advice that sings to your soul enough for you to make major revisions.
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:10:15 AM »

I wouldn't stress. Chances are very slim that she'll get back to you before Saturday.

And, even if she did reach out and say she wants a phone call, then just send you queries out then. Or right after you speak.

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
Curious Author

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »

Agreed! In terms of sending out to your top agents, maybe just send to 1 or 2 of them rather than the whole group.
koji

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:57:50 AM »

Thank you for the advice everyone. I was just bewildered. I think I will send the sub to her and then wait and see what happens Saturday before sending out more queries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: