QueryTracker Community
April 22, 2018, 09:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a personal success  (Read 2420 times)
alislove

« on: November 17, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »

Here's my success story veterans--I just sent my very first query! In and of itself this feels like some bizarre form of success! Kinda feels like buying a lottery ticket. Sorry I don't have anything better than this to report! clap Someday maybe... Now I need to send a second, and on from there.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:43:06 PM by alislove » Logged
jcwrites

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 05:35:31 PM »

Be proud. You earned it.
Tabris

I rock!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Come visit my weblog!
koji

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »

It's a good feeling. And it's something to be proud of. You wrote a book. You thought about the market for your book. And you had the courage to send out info about that book to a complete stranger. Those are awesome and amazing things.
jldelozier

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:04:20 AM »

clap Good for you. To non-writers, it seems like nothing, but we all know how brutal it can be to look the possibility of rejection in the eye and say, " Hit me - I can take it." We live for the day when rejection becomes acceptance. Stay strong!
alislove

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 03:54:33 PM »

Thanks all for the kind words.  I haven't sent any new queries until last Saturday due to a family illness (the big first got a form rejection). I've submitted a full ms as of yesterday (second query!) and am already losing my mind crazy! How the hell do you all do this?  bonk censored
Curious Author

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:16:35 PM »

Work on your next project while you query. It keeps you busy.
alislove

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »

Thanks Curious Author,

I know that is what I should do but I'm so overwhelmed by life responsibilities (work, care taking role) that I don't have time for the wonderful creative space. So I go about my daily duties wondering if anyone's started reading. Do they hate it? Do they love it? I start rewriting the whole ms in my mind, trying to detect flaws I never imagined existed.

Perhaps I'll try to start planning the next project mentally. Get into daydream mode.  Anyway thanks for the advice and support. It's hard doing this under any circumstances but when you're in a somewhat vulnerable place (family member ill, responsible for a lot of people and animals!) it's even tougher. That magical escape that the creative process allows us is such a joy (even if it is hard work).

We all want to share our stories, have our characters come to life in a reader's mind,  but for me the thing that I'm grappling with is wanting that little inkling of hope that this could produce some income no matter how minor. I know that sounds laughable and unrealistic but it would be practical reinforcement for pursuing something that I feel can be a little self indulgent. Only feel this way because I have others depending on me.

Anyway, thanks all, again, for the support! Sorry to unload my personal stuff but think maybe some others here are dealing with similar feelings. hearts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: