QueryTracker Community
December 18, 2017, 02:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Staff (Still not entirely sure what genre it is)  (Read 492 times)
lazyprotagonist

« on: November 20, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

Galilee Flynn thought rock bottom was eating a Cheeto off her elderly pug Toddle, while watching the Real Housewives of Bustling City.  This was before Fair City’s Tackiest burst through her door, all shouting their own catch phrase, apologizing for startling the dog and promptly knocking her out.
Thanksgiving400

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »

It reads almost like a long log line, but does give us some idea of who Galilee is. You may want to consider if you can make the first line catchier, active the scene more. If this is Rock bottom, its pretty damn nice, Galilee Flynn thought as she ate Cheetos off her and watched trashy daytime TV. She licked the orange fuzz from her fingers, and wiped the rest off Toddle's head.
Her neighbor fired up his lawnmower, and she cursed him as she hit the volume button on her remote. She grunted when nothing happened. "Damn batteries! Can today get any worse, Toddle?"
The sound of her door flying open answered her question.

In regards to your lines below, I think you have some tense issues. Decide if its told in the present or past.

Galilee Flynn thought rock bottom was eating a Cheeto off her elderly pug Toddle (no comma) while watching the Real Housewives of Bustling City.  This was before Fair City’s Tackiest burst through her door, all shouting their own catch phrase, apologizing edfor startling the dog and promptly knocking edher out.
lazyprotagonist

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:08:56 AM »

Thank you so much. Those are some excellent notes. At the moment this is still a rough draft (it's my NaNoWriMo project). But I'm nearly finished and wanted a jumping off point for when I start revisions. Thank you again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: