QueryTracker Community
October 17, 2018, 05:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Referral Feature  (Read 1673 times)
Curious Author

« on: October 13, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »

If I query Agent X and Agent X forwards the query to Agent Y, is there an easy way to mark the query for Agent X as a referral to another agent? I'd consider it a positive response and not a straight-up rejection, especially if Agent Y requests the full.

Side note: I know there is a way to mark an initial query as from a referral/contest, but I'm looking for a way to close out the initial query without deleting it. So far, I've been editing the query to say "not queried" and then adding a note for myself.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »

Hi Curious,
There's no way to mark the query in this case. But really (and I don't mean to sound harsh) it is a rejection. Of course, if you have to get a rejection, this is certainly the best kind to get and I congratulate you.

It's just too rare of a situation to have a specific way of marking it.

So you can mark it as a rejection, then for Agent Y it would be a referral.

I hope that makes sense. Best of luck with your referral.
Curious Author

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 11:37:15 PM »

Thank you for the reply. It's actually happened to me twice in the past two weeks alone, so it hasn't been rare for me. I've also seen it mentioned in the comments for several people across various agencies. I understand it's a technical rejection, but just like there's a symbol/category for CNR, it seems like there could be one for this, too. It has been helpful to see this in the comments to know which agents refer to others and which do not.
Curious Author

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »

Patrick, another issue I'm having is that queries marked as referrals don't show up on the Query Timeline. Just giving you a heads up. I'm not sure if they're meant to.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »

Hi curious,
They won’t show up in the timeline because it’s not really a fair comparison.  A referral may get special attention that would throw off the stats for a regular query.
Curious Author

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »

That's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't pilot error on my part. Yes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: