QueryTracker Community
April 24, 2018, 11:45:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do this work?  (Read 379 times)
Jackskellington

« on: January 02, 2018, 02:11:54 PM »

I'm a bit confused (please don't mind my ignorance here), but can I send an actual query via Query Tracker (is that a feature I'm missing)? Or do I simply send my queries via email and agency forms and then just input the data manually into query tracker so I can help other author who will be querying?  I see some people seem to know when their query has been skipped over or looked at... and that is why I am confused. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:13:31 PM by Jackskellington » Logged
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »

Hi Jack,
QueryTracker doesn't actually send the queries for you (unless you're using QueryManager.com, but that would only apply to a handful of agents.) So, yes, you'll need to send your queries by whatever means the agent prefers, and enter the data manually.

People can tell when they've been skipped because they'll look at the reports (most likely the timeline report) and see that queries sent before and after them have received replies, but they still have not.

Here's a short video that talks about the timeline report, if you haven't seen them yet. https://vimeo.com/211115901
Jackskellington

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »

Hi, Patrick. Thank you for clarifying. And then you for creating this site!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: