QueryTracker Community
December 18, 2017, 02:36:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If your Windows computer has been behaving badly since mid-November, 2017  (Read 141 times)
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« on: December 06, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »

-- and this may apply only to Hewlett Packard brand computers, not sure --

it's likely because of this sneaky HP spyware installation, Touchpoint Analytics, which began on November 15th, 2017.
The size of the program is about 14 megabytes, but, as the Task Manager shows, it uses 100 megabytes to do its work. It runs constantly in the background. You can call up the Task Manager by CTRL + ALT + DEL to see what programs are running and how many mg's they are hogging.

After many complaints, HP stopped installing this program.

Here is a site on how to find out if your computer has it and how to get rid of it. There are 2 methods. One may work better for you:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/11/27/hp-installing-hp-touchpoint-analytics-client-telemetry-service/

Until I got rid of Touchpoint Analytics, my pc (which is an HP computer) had become extremely slow for browsing and would get hung up about 10 times a day with "not responding" in my internet browser, mail program, and all other programs, including Word and Excel, which I use a lot. I would have to go into the Task Manager again and again to "end task" of whatever program had frozen up. If you succeed in uninstalling this program, restart your computer.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:21:36 AM by Munley » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: