QueryTracker Community
December 18, 2017, 02:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clearing the Desk  (Read 350 times)
Curious Author

« on: December 06, 2017, 09:28:19 PM »

An agent posted this on Twitter, and it's something I've been wondering about myself.

#querytip authors, don't be surprised/disappointed if you get a higher concentration of passes over the coming weeks. We're entering into the time of year where things start shutting down, and agents will be trying to clear their desks as much as possible.

I've currently got 12 fulls out and I'm worried they won't get considered the same because of this. Am I being paranoid?
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:09:49 PM »

My guess is that agents might be a tad more ruthless in rejecting queries so as not to add to the piles of requested materials on their desks, and they may put fewer hours into reading requested materials during the busy holiday season.

There could be a few bah-humbugs on partials and fulls they've already received, but I think the Twitter remark applies mainly to queries. And the agent who tweeted it can't speak for all agents.

Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »

Nah I wouldn't worry.

A lot of agents use the holidays to catch up on subs, so you may hear back sooner. But I don't think they'll be more ruthless of a full.

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
gckatz

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »

You shouldn't worry because you have no control over the outcome and worrying won't help.

Curious Author

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 12:56:14 AM »

Thanks all. I know it's useless to worry, but worrying just seems to be easiest. wink2 I thought this would be easier the second time around. Not. At. All.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: