QueryTracker Community
December 18, 2018, 09:36:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: chasing eternity  (Read 5067 times)
raballard

ever feel like you are chasing the roadrunner?

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »

September 5, 2012

Dear Ms. Ward,

Fate is merely the coincidental act of one’s lifestyle colliding with time and circumstance.

Had Colin Harcourt accepted the invitation to the theater, he would have witnessed the tragic assassination of President, Abraham Lincoln. But, Colin’s wife of 60 years had passed away, unexpectedly earlier in week and was not in the mood to attend, so he declined the invitation.  And even though she wasn't his first wife, she was the only one he hadn’t abandoned when his lack of aging reared its ugly head.

Colin Harcourt is through no fault of his own immortal, and doomed to watch his loved ones age and die before his very eyes, or abandon them long before they showed any sign of aging.

Always looking for any adventure to change his fate Colin enlists in the British army and sails to the Colonies with orders to squash the American spirit. Soon after the Boston Massacre he changes allegiance and fights side by side with his sworn enemy. He stays in America after the Revolutionary War, where he observes an infant nation prosper and emerge into greatness.

The rest of the story is, as they say, history.

I am a member of Springfield Missouri Writer’s Guild. I have written one other Historical Fiction novel, one young adult fantasy, one humor/satire and one collection of poetry.

CHASING ETERNITY is a 75000 word Historical Fiction.

Thank you for your time and consideration.                    .

Sincerely,

Ramon Ballard

www.raballard-mymind.blogspot.com/
May your life be full of sunshine, even when your skies are gray.
May you find the strength to go on when you think you lost your way
raballard

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »

Cursed with immortality due to a scarab necklace given him during the crusades, Colin Harcourt has survived the harshest of war, pandemic and famine. This time, he has encountered something that might finally kill him: grief.

CHASING ETERNITY is the 75,000 word historical fiction novel of Colin Harcourt's tale as he watches his loved ones wither and die before his very eyes, over and over again and struggles to hide his lack of visible age. As a grieving widower, Civil War hero and president, struck down during the prime of his life, Colin is a slave to the urgings of his cursed scarab necklace, which draws its wearer to historically landmark events. Love was the only thing that could deter him from following the scarab's commands, and he fights to stay with his true love until the last possible moment. But when Colin misses the assassination of President Lincoln, grieving for the loss of his wife of 60 years, he must pay the consequence the scarab demands.

The rest of the story is, as they say, history. Colin Harcourt is doomed to follow the tragedy of time, and blessed to live through events that define our daily lives. He lives, laughs, and loves. There is no ending to history, but there is an ending to Colin’s usefulness. His story ends in rubble on an early September morning.

I am a member of SCWBI, Springfield Writer’s Guild and the Missouri Writers Guild. I am now retired and focused entirely on my excitement for writing good, clean literature.
 Thank you for your time and consideration. I can provide a full manuscript and synopsis for CHASING ETERNITY upon request.

Pinky_Powers

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »

I hope you don't mind my input, as I'm so awfully new here, but I do have a few comments if you're interested.

Apart from the grammar nitpicking below, I'd like to say your book sounds quite interesting. I read your earlier drafts as well, and found myself very fascinated by the crusade aspect.

However, given the enormous breadth of history your book covers, I must also raise concern over the size of your text. If I were to pick this title up, I have a hard time imagining 75,000 words feeling anything less than a gimped effort. Of course, I've not read your book, so it may be perfect. But more likely, you may find there's room to delve deeper into those moments in your character's life.

Anyway, take it all with a grain of salt.

Pinky.

Cursed with immortality due to a scarab necklace given him during the crusades, Colin Harcourt has survived the harshest of war, pandemic and famine. This time, he has encountered something that might finally kill him: grief.

CHASING ETERNITY is the 75,000 word historical fiction novel of Colin Harcourt's tale Sounds like a solid place to end this sentence. as he He is cursed to watch watches his loved ones wither and die before his very eyes, Don't need this; if you're watching something, it is before your very eyes. over and over again and as he struggles to hide his lack of visible age. As a grieving widower, Civil War hero and president, struck down during the prime of his life, Colin is a slave to the urgings of his cursed scarab necklace, which draws its wearer to historically historical landmark events historical landmark events seems awkward. Maybe either historical events or historical landmarks? Or even just landmark events?. Love was is? the only thing that could can? deter him from following the scarab's commands, and he fights to stay with his true love her or him *your sentence is love heavy* until the last possible moment. But when Colin misses the assassination of President Lincoln, grieving for the loss of his wife of 60 years, he must pay the consequence the scarab demands.

The rest of the story is, as they say, history. Colin Harcourt is doomed to follow the tragedy of time, and blessed to live through events that define our daily lives. He lives, laughs, and loves. There is no ending to history, but there is an ending to Colin’s usefulness. His story ends in rubble on an early September morning.

I am a member of SCWBI, Springfield Writer’s Guild and the Missouri Writers Guild. I am now retired and focused entirely on my excitement for writing good, clean literature.
 Thank you for your time and consideration. I can provide a full manuscript and synopsis for CHASING ETERNITY upon request.

Running around in my head I have three entirely separate trilogies for three entirely separate  universes. I really rather need this first book to publish. My head feels like it's going to whither and then explode - which sounds terribly counter-intuitive.
raballard

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

thanks pinky

raballard

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »

this feed is now void.

I got and lost my agent, this novel has subsequently been self-published.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: