QueryTracker Community
September 23, 2018, 06:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I had noticed this about the NOTE option on the main QT site ages ago  (Read 213 times)
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« on: September 15, 2018, 12:47:10 AM »

I don't know why, but I had always taken for granted that the NOTES feature (the private one that turns green after you feed it something) could not be used until AFTER submitting a query to a particular agent.

So I used it only after submitting a query, noting things like some special reason for querying that agent, or had sent some extra info according to that agent's guidelines.

Now that I realize you can use NOTES in advance of sending a query, I fill it in with things like:

Guidelines specify to include:

a brief query letter
    a synopsis (1-2 pages long)
    the first 50 pages (approximately) of your manuscript
==========
Or I note some special reason I put this agent of my list of agents to query.
Might include a link to an interview I read, or whatever.

Duh

NextChapter

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »

When I send a query, I always note how long to wait before closing for no response, specifying "mid-Sept" instead of "6 weeks", so I won't have to perform calculations whenever I check.
Munley

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:26:11 PM »

When I send a query, I always note how long to wait before closing for no response, specifying "mid-Sept" instead of "6 weeks", so I won't have to perform calculations whenever I check.

Instead of putting this info into the note section, you could click on the bell-shaped icon and note it there. It will alert you in whatever time frame you designate.
NextChapter

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »

Instead of putting this info into the note section, you could click on the bell-shaped icon and note it there. It will alert you in whatever time frame you designate.

I did not know that. Thanks!
Munley

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »

You're welcome. In my case, as I said, I had no idea you could use any of these options while building my list of agents I intend to query.

Thought I had to actually send out a query first.

Now that I realize I can use these features at any phase, I'm adding notes on why I chose each agent I want to query. This is especially helpful when Agent X and Y are from the same agency and you can't query Agent Y until you've had a NO from Agent X. By then I have probably forgotten my reason for adding Agent Y to the list of those I plan to query.

I should re-watch the videos on how to use the features. I've probably overlooked or forgotten more useful stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: