Author Topic: Critique Partner - YA, Fantasy  (Read 961 times)

Offline PRBA92

Critique Partner - YA, Fantasy
« on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:36 PM »
Hey,

So I've done all my edits, had beta readers and sent out my book. But so far I've gotten three rejections. I think I need fresh eyes on it, from a fellow writer. If anyone is willing, I've pasted my query below:

Dear Agent,

Our history books are wrong.

Three millennia’s ago elves, men and nymphs lived on earth as one. But when mass murders caused the balance of good and evil to be broken; our future changed forever.

The shadow council is a group of dark beings, on a mission to find the knight that stole their greatest treasure. With a vow to kill all in their path; they keep this promise by murdering the men's nine greatest knights, annihilating an entire race of elves and destroying the nymph's ice fortress.

When the balance of good and evil is broken, the guardians, known as the protector and the destroyer, arrive on earth with a deadline of five sunsets to restore it, or the world will be destroyed.

The destroyer, Kishara, teams up with the knight’s son, Evad, in hopes of finding his father, whom she believes is the key to destroying the council. While on their mission, Kishara forms a bond with her quirky companion, as they undertake perilous journeys and battle shadow knights.

But her mission soon crumbles, when Evad is poisoned by the shadow council. And with the fifth sunset drawing near, a distraught Kishara must now choose to either complete her mission or save Evad’s life.

A Tale of Darkness is a 64,000 YA Fantasy with series potential. It combines the dark theme of A Series of Unfortunate Events with the magic of Eragon.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Offline Lisa Lisa

Re: Critique Partner - YA, Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:06:51 AM »
Hi PRBA92,
I'd be happy to read some and give you feedback. I'm working on a YA fantasy novel myself, so perhaps we could exchange a couple of chapters and see how it goes. I just submitted a post asking for critique partners, so you can see that for more information on my book! Or just write me with any questions.
Lisa