Author Topic: MG Fantasy title HELP!  (Read 1385 times)

Offline A.J.thekid

MG Fantasy title HELP!
« on: February 15, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »
My working Title is "The Roth Legend," and I have lost confidence and interest in that title completely (maybe because of how many times I have seen it....) so, I need help. Do any of these titles stand out? I know that if it is ever picked up the name will most likely change, but I still want something that will stand out in the slush pile.

The eyes of the Guardian.
The eyes of the Seer.
The Guardian's Graveyard.
Graveyard of the Guardian
The youngest Guardian.
The Guardian and the Shadow Thief.
The Legend of the youngest Guardian.
The Guardian Legacy.
The Gateway in the Graveyard.
The Guardian diaries.
The Young Guardian vs. the Shadow Thief.

I am not opposed to a subtext...but I fear that it would come across as too much like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson. :^/
i.e. The Roth Legend. Book 1: The Shadow Thief.

The premise is, Eleven-year-old Esther is the descendant of the Roth family, the secret Guardians of Earth. Because of her heritage, she is chosen as Earth Guardian when the current Guardian (not a Roth) and his collection of magical keys suddenly go missing. She sets off with her grouchy Grandfather on a quest journeying through enchanted gateways to other worlds to save ours. Along the way, Esther discovers the secrets of her heritage and of the secret magic within. they also find out that the Guardian has been murdered and his keys were stolen by that the keys were stolen by a creature called, the Shadow Thief. (there is a lot more to the book, I just wanted to give you a quick blurb)

Offline neverish

• leysaulnier.com
Re: MG Fantasy title HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:34:33 PM »
Feel free to take my opinions with a grain of salt, titles are tricky for me! I feel like "The Roth Legend" makes a good series name but doesn't necessarily stand out as a title name? I like "The Roth Legend: Shadow Thief." But as far as your other title names go, I like "The Guardian and the Shadow Thief" and "The Guardian Legacy," though that last one may not be as unique.

Offline A.J.thekid

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:44:43 AM »
Thanks, Neverish!!

Any feedback is good! I think I will probably stick with The Roth Legend and the Shadow Thief for this book... and hope that someone else (who is better at titling than me) will come up with something better down the road.

We'll see! Thanks again!!

Offline neverish

• leysaulnier.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:17:50 AM »
You're very welcome, A.J.! That sounds like a good idea to me too.