Author Topic: Looking for Critique Partners (YA fantasy manuscript)  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Lisa Lisa

Looking for Critique Partners (YA fantasy manuscript)
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:02:13 AM »
Hi! I'm looking for critique partners. My manuscript is a YA fantasy (see pitch below), but I've also written contemporary YA and MG, so I'd be happy to read a wide range. Looking forward to making some connections, improving my writing, and getting this manuscript query ready!

Pitch for HER MAJESTY:
Fifteen-year-old Reina is the first ruling queen of Grintol, and not everyone is happy about it. Still mourning her father and worried about those who would rather see her twin brother Falk on the throne, she struggles to prove herself. A dry season means the harvest may not provide enough food for her subjects and war comes to her borders. Reina has been training her whole life to be queen, but she didn’t expect protesters outside the castle gates, having her every move criticized, or being responsible for the death of the person dearest to her.

Thanks!
Lisa

Offline Gibdian

Re: Looking for Critique Partners (YA fantasy manuscript)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 12:27:14 AM »
Hello, Lisa. If you're looking for an critique partner i wouldn't mind taking a swing at it. I have an 89,000 word fantasy novel that's on its second round of edits. Perhaps we could exchange a few chapters and decide where to go from there?

Offline Carterbtreasure

Re: Looking for Critique Partners (YA fantasy manuscript)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 01:45:33 AM »
Sounds intriguing.  I'm also thinking of hooking up with a Critique Partner. My background is cinema, multiple screenplays, 2 produced. I have penned one non-fiction book, and I'm working on 5 novels, four in the rewrite stage. The one that might bust loose the soonest is a contemporary SFF for young adults, 100,000 words. An isolated teen realizes that he’s telepathically connected to something that lives in the ocean. My blog is a good way to see what I'm up to, includes blurbs about David’s novels, short stories, essays and works in progress.  https://carterbenwall.wordpress.com

TTFN
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:47:04 AM by Carterbtreasure »