Author Topic: Has anyone used BooksGoSocial author services?  (Read 620 times)

Offline William_S

Has anyone used BooksGoSocial author services?
« on: May 02, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
Here is their website: https://bgsauthors.com/

The sell various packages to help authors with online promotion and their social footprint. Promise to increase sales. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with them.

Thanks,
William

Offline jcwrites

Re: Has anyone used BooksGoSocial author services?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »
AbsoluteWrite has a thread on them here: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?304778-Your-Book-Promoter-(formerly-The-Book-Promoter)-Books-Go-Social

Many questions, few answers, and one request for money back. That they've changed their name a couple of times (?) would be enough to put me off.

Offline William_S

Re: Has anyone used BooksGoSocial author services?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »
Thank you for the link. Lots to think about...

The reviews I've read so far are mixed and seem to split into two camps. Those most dissatisfied/disappointed tend to be in the "what do you mean you want me to change something about my work, it's perfect from a marketing standpoint," when my question to them would be: "based on what, your vast knowledge of book marketing?" I'm certainly no expert when it comes to deploying a digital sales strategy. But I've written professionally for many years and know that when you turn to someone for advice on some aspect of your work, you've got to be willing to listen and consider informed opinions.

The other complaints I've read so far seem to fall into the camp of those who don't see why the should roll up their sleeves and help roll the rock up the hill. They seem to want a sherpa to carry the entire load while they sit back and wait for the sales to roll in, and they're resistant to advice/suggestions/counsel if it doesn't square with their opinion on how the business relationship should work.

Finally, a bunch of reviews were pretty positive and they bought into doing what was suggested. I'd call that the "you get out of it what you put into it" camp.

Just one guy's opinion. More research to do... Thanks again!