Author Topic: DJINN - YA  (Read 43 times)

Offline Tigerbunny

• The War in Serendipity
DJINN - YA
« on: September 09, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
Hi. It's been awhile since I posted. This is YA - Urban Fantasy

INDIA – PRESENT DAY

A young boy, dodging carts and harried vendors, hurries through the streets carrying a package. He approaches a building with black shutters and a red door and looks up at a placard bearing the name, G.A. Cunningham - Archaeological Surveyor.  Opening the door, he steps in. 

George Alexander Cunningham, sitting behind a desk littered with sketches and artifacts, looks up and smiles.

"Ah! Hello!"

The boy returns the smile with one of his own -- his teeth brilliant against the soft brown of his skin.

"Is that for me?"

The boy shakes his head and hands him the package.

George, excited, flips the boy a coin. The boy looks at it, grins, and runs back out the door.

Delighted that his hard work has paid off, the boy traverses down alleyways and across thoroughfares then stops in front of another door.  He looks down at the coin, smiles, and flips it in the air before entering.

The boy’s mother looks up; a relieved expression on her face.  The room is sparse, bare really -- just a table and chairs and a few cots, but there is the feeling of hearth and home about the tiny abode as she pulls him to her to give him a hug. She releases him reluctantly.

Pulling a chair out, he sits at the table with her and gestures, in sign language, of his adventure and how he came about his latest treasure.  His sister, in the background, smiles and stirs a pot over an open fire. 

The pot boiling, steam rises to cascade out a window only to be pushed upward and into the clouds. From there it unfurls then dissipates in front of an unseen palace…and a terrace…and a girl.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:42:56 PM by Tigerbunny »

Offline klclou

Re: DJINN - YA
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 03:23:53 AM »
Is this a script? It reads like a film script, setting the scene.

Offline Tigerbunny

• The War in Serendipity
Re: DJINN - YA
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 04:06:52 AM »
It's a prologue or first chapter.  There's not a lot of dialogue because the boy is mute.  Lol! I guess I gotta go back to the drawing board.

Thanks! Karma!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:08:28 AM by Tigerbunny »