Author Topic: "What Happened at Kate's House" Has A Release Date, and a website.  (Read 718 times)

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
sometimes I didn't think I'd ever get here, at least not with this book.  I've poured so much work into this book on and off for about 9 years now, but every time I worked on something else I always found myself coming back to Kate and her friends.  It's been a crazy ride that is about to head off into uncharted territory for me.

"What Happened at Kate's House" will be hitting shelves on April 15th.  The publisher and I are still setting up times for Signings and whatnot but that will likely stay local unless there is an explosion in sales somewhere.

It's Official website is at www.atkateshouse.com and the full jacket looks something like this:

From start to finish this journey has been nothing like I thought it would be.  I put this book down 2-3 years ago after a severely harsh review just gutted me for the time being.  At the time I was happy to be able to move on, but once I did, While there was a weight off my shoulders, I still couldn't get more than 5-10 thousand words down on whatever I was working with.  Someone in a writing group put up a post about editing services and I figured "why not see what the cost would likely be on What Happened" it needed a refresh anyway.

I sent it to her and she got back to me in a day asking if i was OK if she read the whole thing.  3 days later I had an offer of publication in my hands.  It's been a crazy ride.  I hope everyone else gets to expirience the highs that come with being able to make this post.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Offline MichelleG

• MICHELLE GWYNN JONES - NEW GRACE NEWS
Re: "What Happened at Kate's House" Has A Release Date, and a website.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 10:03:37 AM »
Congrats!!!

The second I read the subject line I said “Oh right, Katie’s House”

To be honest, I don’t remember the story, but I do remember I REALLY liked it!

Good for you.
"You look at these scattered houses, and you are impressed by their beauty. I look at them, and the only thought which comes to me is a feeling of isolation and the impunity with which crime may be committed there." - Sherlock Homes, The Copper Beeches - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline jcwrites

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
Outstanding!... Never give up!

Offline 007 fan

• Eye right store ease.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:23:25 PM »
Wow, such supertastic news!  :clap:

I love the blurb and the cover. And your pic is great. You look so happy.  :)
:write:                                                                          :cbash:

Offline TigerAsh

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:04:10 PM »
Congratulations!!!! :clap: :award: :toast: :p1: :p2:

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 07:21:00 PM »
Congrats!!!

The second I read the subject line I said “Oh right, Katie’s House”

To be honest, I don’t remember the story, but I do remember I REALLY liked it!

Good for you.

I don't blame you.  I haven't been on Query Tracker Full time for so long I was wondering if anyone would even remember me.

The Blurb took the better part of a week to hash out and get just right but I think it does a good job of encapsulating the story in the end.

thanks all for all the help, the encouragement, and even the kicks in the ass to move on and write something else.  it's all part of the journey.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.