Author Topic: Request for Full Manuscript - Possible to Resend???  (Read 462 times)

Offline letoash

Request for Full Manuscript - Possible to Resend???
« on: March 06, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »
So about 2 weeks ago, an agent requested for me to send her my full manuscript. I spent two days running through the entire thing (about 140k words) to make sure it was up to par before sending.

Now, this isn't my first rodeo with this MS, as I am currently on my 8th (possibly even 9th) revision of the thing. So I was feeling pretty confident when I sent it to the agent.

A few days later, I braved opening my MS to browse through it, and lo and behold . . . TYPOS galore. I mean, it isn't exactly littered with typos, per say, but they're there, and they make me cringe.

Since then, I have been working on correcting any typos, as well as cutting unnecessary scenes/language in my lengthy MS. I'm nearly done running through the whole thing (AGAIN).

So that leads me to my question . . . Is it possible, or even proper, to notify said agent and send her the most up-to-date Manuscript? It's only been two weeks, and according to previous Full Requests from her, she usually takes 3-4 months to reply. I'm guessing she hasn't even considering getting to my MS yet, so maybe it IS okay that I resend it???

I don't know . . . Help??  :huh:

Offline ryan1

Re: Request for Full Manuscript - Possible to Resend???
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »
I've done it, and since they hadn't started reading it, it was no problem.  I just mentioned that after having sent the previous version, I went through and made a few additional edits and could send an updated manuscript if they preferred.

I doubt they would mind...however, if you do, and there are STILL significant issues, it might be a reason for them to have concern.  So, if you ask to send it again, and they accept, I'd make certain you don't want to make even MORE changes later before they get back to you.  :)

Offline letoash

Re: Request for Full Manuscript - Possible to Resend???
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »
I've done it, and since they hadn't started reading it, it was no problem.  I just mentioned that after having sent the previous version, I went through and made a few additional edits and could send an updated manuscript if they preferred.

I doubt they would mind...however, if you do, and there are STILL significant issues, it might be a reason for them to have concern.  So, if you ask to send it again, and they accept, I'd make certain you don't want to make even MORE changes later before they get back to you.  :)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this! Helps make the decision to resend a bit easier for me. :)