Author Topic: How to write a query when the novel has two simultaneous storylines.  (Read 390 times)

Offline jmfowle2

My book has two different story lines that go back and forth and I'm not sure how to write a query for this.

The odd chapters take place in high school and the even chapters take place one year post college, and interweave the narratives together, but deal with the same main characters.

I wrote one query that talks just about the high school part and one that just talks about the college part but if i combine them then it's definitely above the 250 character max.

Any suggestion on how to combine these narratives? Also the story is more character driven so there isn't a lot of action, its mainly literary and reflects on the juxtaposition of what you think your life will be like when you're in high school versus what its actually like once you get out into the real world.

Offline MichelleG

• MICHELLE GWYNN JONES - NEW GRACE NEWS
I have been dealing with the same problem. When I figure it out I’ll let you know.

Here is my latest attempt

https://querytracker.net/forum/index.php?topic=24262.0
"You look at these scattered houses, and you are impressed by their beauty. I look at them, and the only thought which comes to me is a feeling of isolation and the impunity with which crime may be committed there." - Sherlock Homes, The Copper Beeches - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline jmfowle2

Thanks and definitely good luck.

It's just so hard to condense two timelines into one query.

AHHHHH