Author Topic: Nudge with offer of rep  (Read 274 times)

Offline Cherylking

• This is why we can't have nice things.
    • Cheryl King Writes Things
Nudge with offer of rep
« on: July 25, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »
When you have to send out a nudge with offer of representation, what does that look like? How is it worded? Do you just say, "I queried you on such-and-such date about my book XXX, and now I have received an offer of representation"??
Querying: Sitting on Top of the World

YA historical fiction, 64K words

Offline TigerAsh

Re: Nudge with offer of rep
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 03:27:43 PM »
This is how Alexa Donne (a wonderful Authortuber) recommended you reply:

THE OFFER OF REPRESENTATION NUDGE
Subject line: add OFFER OF REPRESENTATION or (Offer of rep) to the subject line of your original email chain, or if an agent requests follow-ups/offers of rep go to a new email address, start a fresh email with OFFER OF REPRESENTATION: BOOK TITLE (your name), and then I would c&p your original query below your signature to refresh them.

Dear [Agent's name],

I wanted to let you know that I've received an offer from an agent. I have not yet responded to the offer, but as a courtesy to the offering agent, I would love to do so by DATE 10 DAYS TO 2 WEEKS IN THE FUTURE.

Scenario 1: Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Scenario 2: The agent offered on a revised version of the manuscript, different from the one I previously sent to you. I've attached that version, in case you would prefer to read it.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Cherylking

• This is why we can't have nice things.
    • Cheryl King Writes Things
Re: Nudge with offer of rep
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »
Thank you, TigerAsh! This is very helpful.
Querying: Sitting on Top of the World

YA historical fiction, 64K words