Author Topic: Hello  (Read 482 times)

Offline SnugglePuggle

Hello
« on: September 30, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »
Hi all,

I am new here. I found this place on another site, that...unjustly kicked me out, and I'm still reeling from that. Anyhow, I'm looking to grow some connections and get some help with my query later on but I'm looking forward to learning and growing when I'm here.

Offline rivergirl

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 09:39:56 PM »
Dying to hear how you kicked out of a forum. Anyways, welcome!

Offline SnugglePuggle

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 02:29:19 PM »
Oh I'm so sorry I just saw this! I'm not sure if you read my reply on my Query Review post but I'll start over for you.

So I had my query letter posted on this forum and I was getting good feedback. One day I wake up and find a mod had locked it saying that I "didn't read the stickies." Well, I was confused so I messaged her asking why she did that and she went on a spew of accusations that I did not know where she pulled them from but I was astounded of course. Said I didn't post in "standard English," that my query is not ready and that I am not ready to post it, said that I don't listen and start arguments. Said I didn't post my first chapter or other work to be reviewed first and that I had never gave feedback on another's query when I had done both of those things way before I even posted my query!

Said that I can message her in a month and ask for it to be unlocked.

I message her back confused and decredit her accusations, asking if maybe she had me confused with someone else, and asked politely for her to unlock my post. She then banned me for a month for no reason and said she will not discuss it further with me, and said "read in the meantime" and that I can discuss it with the siteowner if I wanted.

I was completely shocked and felt attacked by her I couldn't believe it. So I try to go find the owner but being blocked I can't click on her username to find her contact info. I had no idea it was "against the rules" to create a second account, and I only did that so I could send her a message, and then I get both my main and that sub permanently banned for "sockpuppeting" on top of that on the ban notice, they were rude and said "get off my server".

I send in multiple messages asking why I was given this treatment and that I had done nothing wrong. That the Admin was treating me unfairly and that I wanted to talk with the owner.

I got no response.

Days later I find the site has a Facebook page so I send them a message. Finally the owner replies back....but to my disappointment, she's in cahoots with the admin. Said they will "take a hard pass" because I have "entitled and demanding behaviour" when I have done nothing of that sort! I was shocked and replied back like what behaviour? I don't understand I did nothing!

She then blocked me without further replying.

Shock. Pain. Confusion. Crying. All came with that, until anger came in. After doing research, googling the forum name, I found a slew of complaints from other people about the owner and admin's bullying. Apparently they are known for making up false accusations to boot someone off the site for no good reason, on top of attacking them for giving their own opinion. They also have a ton of complaints on a complaint site and an actual blog made up that someone posts about their awful treatment to people!

So I was like after reading all that, I was not going to give them any more time of my day. They aren't worth it even if the advice I had gotten from the members was.

I miss the forum advice but I do not like being treated terribly. So now I am on QT mainly for help instead.

Offline rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »
Wow, so bizarre! Good riddance to them!

Offline eqb123

• I write novels
    • Claire O'Dell
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 05:12:39 PM »
That's sad that you were banned. I know the forum you're talking about, and I've had so much good luck with getting feedback for my query letters and my opening chapters--I credit them with getting offers from agents and publishers. Maybe Lisa (the admin) was having a bad day? They do have thousands of members, and no one there gets paid.

Offline SnugglePuggle

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 12:50:21 PM »
That's sad that you were banned. I know the forum you're talking about, and I've had so much good luck with getting feedback for my query letters and my opening chapters--I credit them with getting offers from agents and publishers. Maybe Lisa (the admin) was having a bad day? They do have thousands of members, and no one there gets paid.

Hey! Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Sadly I can't put her actions up to a "bad day" because of the complaints I've heard about her and the owner. If you want to look it up, type in the forum name on google and complaints and you'll see all of it.

Offline eqb123

• I write novels
    • Claire O'Dell
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »
I've seen those complaints. Some are valid, some not so much (imo). We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Offline SnugglePuggle

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 02:24:19 PM »
Hm. Well I'm not sure where you think some are not valid but based on the way I was treated on top of the ones that were treated similarily to me, I would say most are true. Anyhow, I believe it is best to stay away from them.