Author Topic: Greetings Everyone! And now... a little help please!  (Read 228 times)

Offline michaelnue

Greetings Everyone! And now... a little help please!
« on: January 05, 2021, 02:58:13 PM »
Hello all! i refrain from saying "fellow writers" because I'm just starting this process, and that would be arrogant.  i have too many questions and i am scared to death; yet i am experiencing a feeling that i have not seen in all of my 56 years!  I think its called Passion or Drive.  i dont want to eat, sleep, and especially work until i get some type of deal with an agent. not looking for fame or fortune (although it would be nice), i just want to get my book represented and printed.  i have written a manuscript, query letter and synopsis, submitted it to two literary agents. one submission is two months old (no response) and the other is 21 days.  i have just recently learned that i can submit my query letters and synopsis here for review and critique. too many other questions about this process, of getting started, and too much information out there for me to digest it all right now. i just wanted to test the waters and try to learn how to get some help with launching, what i feel, is the beginning of a fabulous series of books!   thanks in advance!

Michael

Offline Tabris

• I rock!
Re: Greetings Everyone! And now... a little help please!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:13:30 AM »
Welcome, Michael!

(Also, don't tell agents you're not looking for fortune. They want fortune. lol. It's their job to get you fortune.)

Also, you're a writer because you're writing. Don't let anyone tell you there's more to it than that. Knitters knit. Runners run. Writers write. Glad to have you here!

Offline michaelnue

Re: Greetings Everyone! And now... a little help please!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »
Thank you Tabris! 

Every time that I log on here, I seem to get more words of encouragement! 

I agree, Writers write!   And I think I will stop selling myself short; learn, prepare, submit and shoot for the moon!

Thanks again!