Author Topic: "Rejection from one = rejection from all" agency list?  (Read 752 times)

Offline gellisbarber

"Rejection from one = rejection from all" agency list?
« on: October 12, 2020, 09:25:55 PM »
Anyone compiled a list of agencies that consider a rejection from one agent a rejection from the whole agency? This practice has been really bumming me out when I have multiple agents I like at the same agency.

I know Dystel is one. And, I think, PS Literary?

Offline slcody

Re: "Rejection from one = rejection from all" agency list?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 12:37:24 PM »
Folio is generally no from one = no from all, but they also say: "if an author feels strongly that another Folio agent should have the chance to review the author’s submission, please let the second agent know that the author has already submitted the project to other agents within Folio."

The Book Group used to state explicitly that they are no from one = no from all, but that sentence doesn't seem to be on their submissions page anymore. I don't know if that means they've actually changed their policy or not, though.

Offline slcody

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 02:54:15 PM »
Another one: Sandra Dijkstra Agency says no resubmissions to a different agent "unless invited to do so."

Offline littlewritings

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 03:08:50 AM »
I made a list of agencies with that policy when I started querying (YA contemporary), but it's by no means exhaustive! (And keep in mind that some of these might have changed, so double-check the agency website before you submit!):

Andrea Brown (but you're allowed to resubmit after 6 months if your work is heavily revised)
Dystel (allowed to resubmit after revisions)
Belcastro
PS Literary
Sandra Dijkstra
Root
Stonesong
Brower
Jill Grinberg
Stimola
Jane Rotrosen
Howard Morhaim
Levine Greenberg
Sterling Lord
New Leaf

Offline mysticatical

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 11:49:22 AM »
Which agencies allow you to submit to multiple agents in the UK?