Author Topic: Hi everyone—from a mathematician turned writer  (Read 202 times)

Offline Matt_B

• MattBeckerBooks
Hi everyone—from a mathematician turned writer
« on: February 10, 2021, 12:24:33 PM »
I've been reading these boards for a while but now I've begun querying so I've now created my own profile. I'm a mystery/suspense/thriller (depending on the day!) writer, querying my first novel and in the late stages of editing my second.

What I'm assuming is a unique (or close to it) trait of mine is that I am an applied mathematician, so my training is very far away from the type of writing I'm now doing. I still work as a mathematician (haven't signed that multi-million book deal yet!) but I love to write whenever I get the chance.

Looking forward to engaging with you all!

Offline Miss Plum

Re: Hi everyone—from a mathematician turned writer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:24:11 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Odd John

• Odds are even odds.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 04:21:22 AM »
Hi Matt, I'm also a noob. Your math tangent is interesting. Have you written it into your current WIP in some way? What is the title and slugline for it? Five sentences is all I've got right now... thanks!
My inferiority complex masks my superiority complex. It's very convenient.

- John

Online FlyingViking

• Bold, but with a hint of whimsy
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 02:04:08 AM »
Greetings.  I'm a recovering scientist who have also dabbled in the mystery genre.  Looking forward to discovering your work product on this forum.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci