Author Topic: Drama Mine  (Read 121 times)

Offline Odd John

• Odds are even odds.
Drama Mine
« on: February 20, 2021, 12:18:13 PM »
Once upon a time, I was a garden variety bookworm, hauling, hugging and sniffing books recently bought from used book stores, charming or dilapidated, or both. One night after falling asleep, not in my bed, but in my backyard garden, a lilting voice tickled my mind, saying, "Odd John, you will awake from this driven sleep a chimera, what you have been and what you have become, both." This was the book fairy, and I could see him in my mind, tall, dark, glorious long locks and handsome as Bon-Bon Jovi, wearing a pink tutu and nothing else, and pointing his wand at my chest, a shower of sparkles haloing my entire body.

At sunrise I awoke to find myself transformed into a book silkworm, a writer with an insatiable thirst to write. Anything. So, pretending not to be surprised by my new status, I immediately began writing my GAN, my Great American Novel. Three years later I burned it in the fireplace. Since then it's been short stories, long stories, poetry, blog baloney, and even Twit tweets. Chastised, here I arrive to see the error of my ways, and to possibly assist those of you who are even more wretched than I.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:22:14 PM by Odd John »
My inferiority complex masks my superiority complex. It's very convenient.

- John