Author Topic: The Barbara Bova Agency  (Read 248 times)

Offline AnUlstermaninIdaho

The Barbara Bova Agency
« on: March 07, 2021, 11:43:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and, as the subject line suggests, I was hoping for a little more information about the Barbara Bova Agency. Anybody have any experience with them? My internet research would indicate that they are a reputable company but it’s proving a little difficult to find information on their recent sales or who they represent.

Thanks in advance

Offline littlewritings

Re: The Barbara Bova Agency
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:20:42 AM »
I just had a look at their website and it doesn't inspire confidence, to be honest:

- There is no information on the agents (no bios, no preferences), the clients or the books that have been sold
- Really, there's no solid information on anything anywhere on that website, lots of stock photos. If they had sold anything to be proud of, it should be front and center.
- They have a "managing editor" which.... seems weird? Maybe that's their word for senior agent?

So my thoughts are, either they're so good that they feel like they don't need a proper website, or they're so bad they they can't put one together. Not saying don't query them, but be careful.

Offline Miss Plum

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 09:06:14 AM »
The Barbara Bova website lists one agent, Michael Burke. I just checked him out at Publishers Marketplace. Not a single sale. The Barbara Bova Agency doesn't show a sale since 2009, the year Barbara passed away.

Offline Viddiest

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:14:35 PM »
I recently came across his name in the "offers of representation" section and looked him up because the offer was for my genre, but I decided not to query him after checking out their website which has bare bones information.