Author Topic: Greetings from Shanghai!  (Read 165 times)

Offline richardclin

• Richard C Lin - Author Website
Greetings from Shanghai!
« on: March 18, 2021, 05:44:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am so impressed by the caliber of authors in this writing community. I find it truly humbling to join it.

My family and I live in Shanghai during the schoolyear and Portland, Oregon during its lovely summers. I recently left the corporate realm after the pandemic taught me there is much more to life than grappling with Zoom at 2 am. I now focus on writing, supporting my wife’s philanthropic efforts, and making sure none of our three kids sit on any of our nine hamsters (a full-time job unto itself!).

Last year, I completed my memoir, ARIZONA AWAKENING: A Memoir of Romance, Race, and Redemption. It is the first in a planned series of four focused on interracial relationships, the multigenerational immigrant experience, and ethnic tensions in the US, China, and Taiwan. I have been fortunate to place its excerpts into The Write Launch, The Dillydoun Review, Potato Soup Journal, Prometheus Dreaming, and other literary journals, and hope one day to get the whole book published. Meanwhile, as I get going on my querying journey, I have heeded the advice on this site and started working on my next project, an anthology of stories chronicling the trials and triumphs of the adult orphans that my wife and I have come to love and support in Shanghai.

I do hope to make a difference through my work, especially during these daunting times with hate crimes and sentiment on the rise against Asian-Americans and the world riven by race and culture in general.

I look forward to learning from you all as we spread joy, hope, inspiration, and understanding together through the written word.

Sincerely,

Richard C Lin

Offline kciswriting

Re: Greetings from Shanghai!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 09:33:10 AM »
Welcome!

Fellow Asian American here

Offline richardclin

• Richard C Lin - Author Website
Re: Greetings from Shanghai!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »
Thank you for the pleasant welcome.