QueryTracker Community
November 18, 2018, 08:38:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Senshi Update...and then a return to your regularily scheduled program  (Read 17702 times)
Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« on: August 30, 2007, 02:23:03 AM »

Hi Everyone! Just a quick update as I sit in the hospital (it's two thirty in the morning on Thurs) using the wifi. Good news is: I had my baby! clap clap clap A little girl named Rianne (pronounced Ryan) 7lbs 7 oz yesterday at 8:30 in the morning via C section after hours of failed pushing! She's here and I couldn't be happier, however:
Bad news is:  I haven't been able to hold her yet, and I only saw her briefly through glass and right before I passed out on the operating table Cry Cry Cry Turns out my extreme labor gave me a nasty fever (103 degrees) and the stress of it all gave Rianne a fever and possibly an infection. I've been informed by the doctor that she's doing much better, my husband gets to see her and has taken pictures of her hooked up to all these IV's - it kills me, but she's not in an intensive care unit, only a special care unit which is not as bad.
Luckily tomorrow at 9:30 will be 24 hours since my fever broke and I will finally get to hold her and get the results of her tests. Those of you that pray - your prayers would be much obliged and those of you that are well wishers - well, I'll take those too Smiley
I promise to keep everyone updated.

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com
audal

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 04:48:04 AM »

The benefit of my west cost status has never been more obvious than right now.

Senshi!  CONGRATULATIONS!

I see something in your post about both you & li'l' Rianne having a fever... I would personally like to refer you to your avatar.  You are strong enough to take on any of this.  Rhianne is yours and is equally as tough.  Samurai ladies, you two are to me...

Senshi, I will be crashing tonight with all my thoughts aimed straight atcha'!

You hang in - you got it? 

So thrilled for you...

truly,
-Audal & I'm quite sure everyone else!

Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.
joanjunkmail

zombies ate my dingo

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »

Oh, congratulations!  I guess you're holding her right now (love the name)...what an amazing thing.

Best of luck to you!
joan

be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)
Miss Java

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »

clap clap clap

Congratulations!!!

cheer cheer cheer

justwrite

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:59:16 AM »

Wonderful, wonderful news! Big congrats!  Party Crowd Party Crowd Party Crowd Party Crowd Party Crowd Party Crowd Party Crowd Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity Celebrity
Whooo boy (girl)...why'd they let you go so long, poor kid! Hope you have her in your arms right now.

Even though it's a kind of lame gift for such a momentous occasion, I'm going to heap some karma on you.

JW

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »

There is no smiley which will convey the joy of a new baby  (this one comes really close though yahooo)

Wish you and little Rianne all the best.

This is a major first for QueryTracker, and is much better than landing an agent. 

(P.S I think QT would make a great middle name  wink2)
justwrite

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »

She's probably a real QT-pie. (okay that was lame.) But I am making a request, as soon at it is reasonably possible, I'd like pictures.

Lotheus
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 12:27:17 PM »

Congratulations, Senshi!!!  I will keep you and your new little one in my prayers, and I hope you get to hold her soon.  Enjoy every moment of this, it goes by way too quickly.
Chelc

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »

Party Flash
YAY!
congrats, senshi!
elknutswife

Available now from Entangled Scandalous!

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 01:52:25 PM »

Congratulations!!!!   clap   My daughter is named Ryanna (pronounced Ree-anna)   Grin  Great name!  My little girl was born 2 months early so I wasn't able to hold her for several days.  That was really hard, but they are tough little things.  I'm sure your little princess is already holding her own and doing just fine!  Congrats again!   Party Flash  By the way, I've had 2 c-sections, and I think anyone that can make it through one of those, deserves one of these!   award

Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fiction thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemclean.blogspot.com
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 02:07:13 PM »

Not that it really mattered to me, but all three of my kids were C-Sections (mostly because my ex can't do anything right) but I think the C-section babies are cuter.  They're not all scrunched and wrinkly.
Chelc

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 02:56:39 PM »

They're not all scrunched and wrinkly.
rofl
well my mom had 3 c-sections, and before those had 3 miscarriages before finally having my sister!
elknutswife

Available now from Entangled Scandalous!

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 03:22:26 PM »

Grin  Ya, no cone heads for me   Grin  I didn't mind my c-sections either (well, after the fact it hurt pretty bad, but after a week or so it just feels like you've done too many situps)  Luckily, mine were scheduled (well, my daughter's was scheduled and then she made an emergency appearance a few months early)  so I didn't have to go through all the labor and pushing beforehand.  But how ever they get here, it is so worth it.  Most of the time.  I'm ready to put mine back where they came from just to get a few seconds of peace... Grin...but in all seriousness, I don't know what I'd do without 'em.  Congrats again Senshi!  Give her lots of cuddles now before she gets too big for 'em!

Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fiction thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemclean.blogspot.com
Lotheus
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »

All three of mine went back to school yesterday, the first time all three will be gone all day every day, and at first I was really excited.  But then halfway through my day I realized that I missed them.  I hate that.  Nothing ever turns out the way you expect it to, does it???
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 05:51:14 PM »

There's a three day weekend coming up, I bet after that you'll be happy to get them back in school and won't miss them at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: