Author Topic: Hello  (Read 260 times)

Offline AVA_writing

Hello
« on: March 26, 2021, 10:44:16 AM »
With almost no writing experience, I wrote a 50k words over the summer of the pandemic. When edited (heavily) by an editor friend, it is now 68K Women's Fiction manuscript about office politics, family secrets, and just life being a Latina.  I was encouraged to try the traditional route by my friend before self publishing, so here we are on month 1 of querying.

Happy to be here!

Offline raktinope

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 11:13:01 AM »
Hi, and good luck!

Offline richardclin

• Richard C Lin - Author Website
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 11:37:00 AM »

Welcome to this firendly author community, AVA. I just joined last week and have already made quite a few good literary friends, fostered a few beta read exchanges, and am having a lot of fun with interacting with some extremely talented writers here.

You're the first I've met whose MS word count went UP so dramatically after an editor has reviewed it. Usually, the WC goes down as you excise fat from the meat of the MS. I'm sure your editor saw a lot of potential in your MS to ask you to expand on it as well as to try trad publishing it.

Good luck to you on your querying!

With almost no writing experience, I wrote a 50k words over the summer of the pandemic. When edited (heavily) by an editor friend, it is now 68K Women's Fiction manuscript about office politics, family secrets, and just life being a Latina.  I was encouraged to try the traditional route by my friend before self publishing, so here we are on month 1 of querying.

Happy to be here!

Offline AVA_writing

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 12:06:34 PM »
The developmental editing process was great. It really helped with the character development and plot holes early on. I will most likely go through the same process with the second manuscript underway.