Author Topic: The New York Pitch Conference—Has any one been or planning to go? 2021  (Read 407 times)

Offline James_Ellery

Hey everyone!

I was thinking about going to this conference in NYC—The New York Pitch Conference.
It looks intensive and intimate and basically amazing, but also quite expensive.

Has anyone attended this in the past or planning to go this year?
What are your experiences with this and would you recommend?

Thanks!!

Offline jerrymollenhauer

James_Ellery,

I attended the NYPC online, December 10-13,2020. It was a good experience and I received very positive and good feedback.  I now have queried about 45 agents and have 5 rejections, silence from the rest.  But the NYPC is worth the time and money, I learned a lot, had a good time, and made some good contacts.

Offline James_Ellery

Hi Jerry!

Thanks for sharing your experience with me! Good luck with the querying, I know it's such a long road to go down! From what I've heard, it's not unusual to query around 100 agents for a novel.

To be honest, I'm feeling a little intimated, although I did buy my ticket. Part of me thinks I have so much more to learn that I just can't get on my own, so my goal for attending is to hone the marketing half of the writing process (although if I got a bite of interest, I'd be thrilled!)

Was it very challenging when you attended? Did you feel like it was more interactive or more of a lecture & take notes kind of situation?

I'm on Instagram as @jamesellery_writing  Would be happy to connect with you :)

Offline jerrymollenhauer

James Ellery-
I good some good comments on the pitch/sell sheet that Michael N. one of the Moderators and also the sponsor of the Conference, trained me to do.  AAMOF, one of the agents said he thought it was the best pitch he had ever heard.  But because of his ancestry/heritage/he felt the premise (WW2 from the German side) was just too dark for his family.

And there was no haughty kind of snootiness some of us beginners are so good at.  A REALLY great group, open to learning.

Have fun.  Tease Micheal till he runs out crying!

Jerry