Author Topic: WME agents??  (Read 385 times)

Offline audrawinter

WME agents??
« on: May 22, 2021, 08:03:13 PM »
More crazy things happening to me (as usual).

I had an agent reach out to my via my TikTok page because of my viral video. Looks like they’re from WME, which seems like a film/book agency when I looked it up. They asked for my query letter and gave me an email but I can’t find a list of their specific literary agents.

Has anyone heard of this agency? Legit? Not legit? I want to take precaution before sending.

Thank you!

Offline MKWrites_318

Re: WME agents??
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 08:29:19 PM »
First of all, YAY! That's awesome!  :clap:

Secondly, yes, the William Morris Endeavor Agency is very legit - you can look them up on wikipedia for their history. Send that query letter. Absolutely. Google the agent's name and just research them specifically, but the agency is...a huge one. They don't just do books. They're a world-renowned talent agency. They represent Adele.

If the agent decides to offer representation, definitely ask to talk to some of their clients, check out their sales on publisher's marketplace, and ask lots of questions about their career, their communication style (all the usual questions you want to ask on The Call). Don't just assume that because they're with an impressive agency that they're the best fit for you or your work, BUT the agency they work for is definitely reputable. This is so terrific! I'm thrilled for you!

Offline audrawinter

Re: WME agents??
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 12:16:19 AM »
Thank you so much!

I made sure to do some research too, to make sure the email I was given wasn't just some random person trying to scam me. She's definitely legit and works for WME! I'll be sending that query letter for sure. Very exciting, and I'm still in a little bit of shock that she reached out to me.

Thank you again! Ah, I'm so excited.