Author Topic: Beta Readers wanted. A 78k Crime set in UK Closed.  (Read 116 times)

Offline DaggilarrF

Beta Readers wanted. A 78k Crime set in UK Closed.
« on: June 19, 2021, 11:19:51 AM »
Hi. I have a 78500word manuscript that I am seeking beta readers for. This is a fish draft and has been through a fair bit of development. The story is set in London and Wales. Below is the body of the query I have in development for this, by way of an introduction.

The problem with hiding is they never stop looking for you.

Danny feels safe tucked away in the little Welsh seaside town. He just wants to fish, drink the odd beer, and maybe get laid, now and then. But a captivating girl, a lost memory card and a Facebook post, collide and drag him back out into the open. He needs to choose. Keep running from the vengeful gangster, Ralph Teller, who blames him for the death of his brother, and leave the girl in the firing line, or take the perilous option of going down to London to end this thing.

Initially he chooses the first, but that means abandoning the girl, Megan. Somehow, he just can’t do that. He returns to get her, but finds two of Teller’s henchmen already there. Danny and Megan consign them both to the bottom of the Irish Sea. Now there’s no turning back. They head down to London to deal with Ralph Teller and his remaining brother, Micky, Megan’s ex.

Moonbeam is an adult crime novel, complete at 78,500 words. It follows Danny and Megan for an intense two weeks, as they try to stay alive, out of jail, and maybe even make a profit. The lean writing style will appeal to fans of Elmore Leonard’s Rum Punch, Ian Rankin’s Rebus, and Harry Hole, Jo Nesbo’s flawed hero.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 12:48:00 PM by DaggilarrF »

Offline DaggilarrF

Re: Beta Readers wanted. A 78k Crime set in UK Closed.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 12:48:46 PM »
Despite getting no responses here. I have a full quota of readers now..