Author Topic: white noise  (Read 265 times)

Offline noisebloom

• My Portfolio
white noise
« on: July 30, 2021, 06:17:12 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for a few weeks, so I figured I should sign up for an account. :)

I'm noise; I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and for as long as I can remember I've gravitated towards psychological thrillers and sci-fi.

In my late twenties, I had some sort of an existential crisis which made me realize I need to get my writing out there. I completed my first draft of a satirical fantasy-comedy a few years ago, and that's been perpetually on hold (I am unfortunately just not into it anymore). I then began a speculative/sci-fi novel called Park, based on my hypotheses about where our current technology could take us as a society (P.S. it's kind of messed up). During the pandemic, I ended up pivoting to writing graphic novels, as I love the medium and have always wondered how I'd fare at it (though Park is still very much in the works).

Two graphic novel shorts and a full-length completed manuscript later, I'm querying agents. I've queried 8 agents so far for a psychological crime thriller script, and I actually managed to get a full manuscript request, which is super exciting! The agent didn't go for it, but she said she loved the premise and gave me some useful feedback which actually informs the trajectory for my next revision.

Anyway, I've probably leaned on the advice of many of you here more than you know just browsing, so I'm grateful, and I hope to be an active and helpful member of this community.

-noise
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:24:04 PM by noisebloom »

Offline Mentha piperita

Re: white noise
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 10:03:20 PM »
Hi noise,
I can't believe you haven't gotten any replies. The forum goes strangely quiet once in a while. It'll pick back uoa again. Congrats on the full request, that's great. It means you're getting close.

Welcome and see you around. ;D

Offline noisebloom

• My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 02:07:41 PM »
Hi noise,
I can't believe you haven't gotten any replies. The forum goes strangely quiet once in a while. It'll pick back uoa again. Congrats on the full request, that's great. It means you're getting close.

Welcome and see you around. ;D

No worries on the silence and thanks for replying!  :)

I find it very encouraging that you consider a full request as "getting close"; I find myself dwelling a little on the fact that I got a rejection instead of an R&R, which would given me another chance, but I am grateful to have received anything other than radio silence.

I'm sure this journey will be stressful... hopefully rewarding, though!

Offline sharonstuff

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 10:12:48 AM »
Hello
I’m new here.  I love your username.  It drew me to your post.  Good luck! Hope to read more soon. 😻