Author Topic: Filing off my serial numbers  (Read 64 times)

Online PPeterson

Filing off my serial numbers
« on: September 30, 2021, 08:43:01 PM »
Back in 2014, I self-published my book, Snake Eyes Lie. It was... hot garbage. So now, years later, I rewrote the book from scratch and have just begun querying agents. I've been told that submitting a rewrite of a self-published book is fine (even agents have said this), but people often suggest that I change the title. I mean, I could. But I REALLY love my title. It just dances on the tongue, don't ya think?  ;D

If it does turn out that I need to change it, I'm lost on what to call it. The book is largely about fate, destiny, prophecy, etc., so I could possibly lean into that.

The premise is that there are people living in secret who can change their eyes into snake eyes and, when they do this, they can literally see fate as ribbons of light. Beyond that, the book is a light sci-fi story about corporate conspiracy and genetically engineered monsters in the last city of a dead world that's covered in an endless storm.

I know that's not a lot to play with, but any thoughts? Will I need to change it at all? If so, any suggestions?