Author Topic: WRiTE CLUB 2021  (Read 338 times)

Offline Imposter

WRiTE CLUB 2021
« on: October 22, 2021, 02:51:26 PM »
WRiTE CLUB 2021 is just around the corner, which means I'm starting to get my ducks in a row. Don’t know what WRiTE CLUB is? It's a contest where writers submit 500-word samples of their work using PEN NAMES. Anyways, it also means I need some help. Part of the process is narrowing down what I estimate will be 200-225 entries...and that’s where you come in. I need slushpile readers to read ALL of the submissions as they roll in, then select their top 30.

Before you decide to sign up, I want to fully explain what you would be volunteering for. This is a big commitment! First, you must be open to installing and using Dropbox (a free file sharing program that I will provide complete instructions on how to use). Then you will have approximately a month to read what could be 225+ entries, each one approximately 500 words long -- which equates to the length of a small book – select 30 of what you believe are the best ones - then rank them.

Most importantly – you cannot be a WRiTE CLUB contestant if you do this.

So, what do you say? Interested in helping shape how the competition plays out – without officially participating? If so, send an email to WRiTECLUB2021(at)gmail(dot)com, and I will be in touch.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Offline Imposter

Re: WRiTE CLUB 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 09:40:54 AM »
The contest is now LIVE and accepting submissions for the next 2 weeks. Check it out!

https://www.dlhammons.com/p/write-club-2021-tenth-edition.html