Author Topic: Beta reader/crit partner needed for 91K adult heist thriller  (Read 791 times)

Offline floydnerd93

Beta reader/crit partner needed for 91K adult heist thriller
« on: October 26, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm mainly looking for a beta reader to check out my newest project. However, I'm also open to crit partners if our genres match and you are looking to trade pages.

The blurb for my current project:

"Jacob Slade is hit with three traumas upon waking up in the hospital: sixteen years have passed, his daughter had her life support ruthlessly pulled, and he owes twelve million dollars in medical debt. Bethos Corporate, a powerful health insurance company responsible for his daughter’s death, tells Jacob he has two weeks to come up with the money. If he fails to do so, they will track him down and repo the medical property in his body, which is keeping his heart pumping and his lungs breathing.

Unsure where to turn, Jacob begs his best friend Manny for help, who has long been willing to work on the wrong side of the law. However, instead of hatching a plan to get the money, they devise something riskier – breaking into Bethos’ headquarters and erasing all the debt the company is attempting to collect.

As Jacob and Manny enact their plan, Bethos gets wind of their operation. Hot on their trail is a ruthless assassin – a man Jacob and Manny have met before. With the resources that Bethos has, and the sheer insanity of the plan, Jacob knows he likely won’t leave the building alive. But if the plan works, his debt will be wiped clean, and Jacob will have his revenge."

Offline Tallis

Re: Beta reader/crit partner needed for 91K adult heist thriller
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 07:26:37 PM »

Hi Floydnerd93,

Are you still looking for a crit partner?  I like your blurb below -- sounds like we might have similar sensibilities.

Let me know -- and if you've sold it already, congratulations!