Author Topic: 3 Fulls in 1 day. Now what? Keep querying or wait?  (Read 824 times)

Offline someguyyoudontknow

3 Fulls in 1 day. Now what? Keep querying or wait?
« on: February 03, 2022, 07:55:57 PM »
Title says it all I somehow landed 3 requests for fulls in one day. Now I'm not sure what to do, should I keep querying and hope for multiple offers or should I wait and see if I get any feedback before sending out new queries?

My genre is tech industry memoir, I sent out a handful of queries two years ago and ended up with 2 fulls over the course of a month or so, one ghosted and one rejected. I've sent out a few queries here and there since but got no response. On Wednesday February 3rd, I decided to try again with the help of QT.net and sent out about 14 queries, I had three requests for the full manuscript before I went to bed. The first came 21 minutes after the query was sent!

So now what? Do I wait and see if I get any feedback? Perhaps the manuscript is not ready and needs work? Or do I keep querying and hope for 1 or even multiple offers?

So excited and nervous right now.

- SDK

Offline Tabris

• I rock!
Re: 3 Fulls in 1 day. Now what? Keep querying or wait?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 08:17:00 PM »
I would suggest you keep querying since now you know your query is working.

Offline Mentha piperita

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 10:51:27 PM »
Agree with Tabris. And congrats!  :clap:

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 09:59:00 AM »
I guess I am afraid of running out of agents. I know the query letter is good, and my beta readers are telling me the manuscript is good but the beta reader are also rather biased being family and friends. What if the manuscript actually sucks? Ghhaaa, I'm just syching myself out I guess. Sending out more queries today.

Offline 217mom

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:39:22 PM »
Keep querying. You query is working  :clap:

Offline Munley

• Nova Scotia, Canada
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 06:13:50 AM »
If you have some serious reason (beyond the normal jitters when submitting) to suspect that the manuscript itself needs substantially more work, you might want to go the the CRITIQUE GROUP CENTRAL section of the forum here and see about swapping manuscripts with someone who is not family or friend.

Is your book intended for other professionals in your field, or for the general public?
I suggest making that clear when requesting a critique partner.

You can ask to exchange a whole manuscript, or something like the first 50 pages.
As for waiting for agents to respond to your fulls, that usually takes months. Something to keep in mind.

You could also paste your first chapter on the forum section here on QT to get some feedback.
It's also helpful to critique other's work ---  for your own benefit as well as theirs. Sometimes seeing a fault or a strength in someone else's manuscript alerts you to something similar in your own.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 03:58:07 AM by Munley »

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 08:38:33 AM »
Just to update this thread, I am at 8 Fulls right now with 4 still outstanding but no offers.

I really want to have my book on the market by February 2023 (important event that will help drive sales comes in May) so going to start looking into self publishing. But still going to keep querying.