Author Topic: Sent the wrong version for a full request...  (Read 319 times)

Offline MKWrites_318

Sent the wrong version for a full request...
« on: September 06, 2022, 01:36:02 PM »
I don't know how I did it. I can't even find the version that I sent her. I am so confused. I know that typically, you catch this mistake very quickly, send them the "Whoopsie, wrong version" email ASAP, but the thing is that I sent the agent the wrong MS five months ago. FIVE. It's been so long since I sent The Mistake that I don't know if that means I have to employ a different protocol or what. I only realized it had happened because of I series of weird incidents involving a broken keyboard and an agent I queried in 2020 finally (and very kindly) getting back to me. Anyway. Anyone know what to do here?

(The really embarrassing thing is that I made a title page for The Mistake and it has the wrong word count on it. Like it's off from the visible word count at the bottom of the document by 7000 words. How? I'm a wreck.)

Offline Sandbox

Re: Sent the wrong version for a full request...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 02:01:07 PM »
What's done is done and don't beat yourself up about it. (F them if they can't take a joke? Only kidding). How different is it? Chances are the agent hasn't even read it yet. See what other people say, but maybe
you could send a check in and say, "I don't know where you are in the reading process, but I've received some feedback and made a few changes to the manuscript and was hoping to send you the most current version." I mean, you could say you sent the wrong version but after all this time what would be the point? And at five months it is very reasonable to send a follow-up note for status. Good luck.

Offline MKWrites_318

Re: Sent the wrong version for a full request...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 09:53:59 AM »
Yeah, I had considered saying that I have a newer version and would she be ok with me sending it, etc. I mean, it's not technically wrong. And I am definitely in nudge territory anyway. Thanks for your input!