Author Topic: Beta reader for an adult fantasy  (Read 475 times)

Offline Athenian

Beta reader for an adult fantasy
« on: February 14, 2022, 06:33:55 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for beta readers for my adult fantasy. You can read as much or as little as you'd like, and any feedback you're willing to give is greatly appreciated!

Here is the query if anyone is interested:

Exiled, orphaned, and stripped of her royalty, Dagny is out for the blood of the man who stole it all. To get it, she joins an all-seeing cult that trains her in the arcane art of teleporting from shadow to shadow. Now Dagny—armed with a cunning mind and the grudge-bearing capacities of a teenager—leaves the safety of the dark to kill the man who murdered her family, the new High King, Hrogeer. One problem: the cult will mark her as an enemy if she assassinates their political puppet.

While spying on Hrogeer’s court, a delicious loophole presents itself: the three Keepers tasked with protecting Hrogeer are (unbeknownst to one another) trying to kill him, whilst accidentally thwarting one another’s assassination attempts in the process.

Dagny, intent on using the Keepers to kill the king, takes the reins of the bickering crew: a doctor from an enslaved race wanting justice for her people, a veteran knight determined to end a witch’s curse, and an undercover, immortal pirate seeking … well, the king’s supply of wine.

But heroes are entitled, assassins are treacherous, and the Keepers are both. Only one can deliver the killing blow, and as the Keepers realize that, their biggest threat becomes each other. With tensions rising and a civil war brewing, Dagny must try and hold her nefarious team together, or kill Hrogeer herself and face the insidious cult alone with no shadows to hide in—and her own to fear.

THE KEEPERS OF THE CROWN is an adult fantasy with a commercial bend, complete at 100k words. If Nicholas Eames’s Kings of the Wyld and Joe Abercrombie’s Age of Madness trilogy met in a bar, this manuscript would be the cheerful, bruised aftermath. It is a standalone with series potential.

Offline Jub666

• BookNooks
Re: Beta reader for an adult fantasy
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:54:24 AM »
Hello :)

I would be very happy to read your novel and provide feedback. I loved the idea of your query.

Please PM me and I'll send my email address.

Jx