Author Topic: MG Beta Reader/ Critique Partner (can swap)  (Read 618 times)

Offline louise00

MG Beta Reader/ Critique Partner (can swap)
« on: February 22, 2022, 01:40:54 PM »
I’m looking for beta readers for a Middle Grade Historical Paranormal (Fantasy?) that should be ready to go out at the beginning of March. I'd also love it if anyone was looking for critique partners for a longer-term, back-and-forth type relationship.

As well as 'purely' readers, I’M HAPPY TO SWAP with other MG authors, or take the equivalent in YA/Adult to critique.

It’s currently sitting at approx 65K, but I'm hoping to trim at least 5K off before it goes out.

I’m looking for broad overviews (where to cut bulk, plot holes, OOC etc) so you definitely don’t need to be a line-editing whiz (although, of course, I’d love any and all insights!).

——

In Wartime England, eleven-year old reluctant evacuee Elsie moves to the countryside, only to find herself re-house in a hotel full of elderly monsters. When a government inspector arrives, looking to close the hotel, Elsie must protect her new family and hide their secrets if she wants to keep them.

ENCANTO x THE ADDAMS FAMILY x HOTEL TRANSLYVANNIA

Offline vivaviolet

Re: MG Beta Reader/ Critique Partner (can swap)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 07:29:16 AM »
Hi, Louise. I write MG, too. I'd be happy to give this a read. I'm best at broad overviews, so if that would be helpful, let me know when you're ready.

Offline louise00

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 11:19:00 AM »
Hi, Louise. I write MG, too. I'd be happy to give this a read. I'm best at broad overviews, so if that would be helpful, let me know when you're ready.

That would be great Violet! I'll send you a DM when I'm ready to share :) Thank you!

Offline Jub666

• BookNooks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 03:49:34 AM »
Hi Louise

I'm also happy to critique for you - I'll DM you my email address.

Jx

Offline louise00

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 06:57:18 AM »
Hi Louise

I'm also happy to critique for you - I'll DM you my email address.

Jx

Thank you so much!