Author Topic: Nudging R&R a second time?  (Read 314 times)

Offline Gabe

Nudging R&R a second time?
« on: March 01, 2022, 10:25:35 AM »
Hi all, asking for help because I genuinely can't decide what to do.

I got a full request over a year ago (year and 3 months ago to be exact), by an agent that I figured would be long wait times because she is high up. She got back to me six months later with an R&R, which I really liked her direction (I worked with the agent's assistant over a zoom call), and have been in touch with her assistant a few times since. The first time was a couple months after I turned the revisions in, she got back to me to let me know she's still going to read. The second time, I nudged (about four months ago), and she said she has begun to read. My understanding is that the assistant is reading first, then passing it on to the agent. With that in mind, it has been a four months since the last nudge, and a while since the original full request, so I'm tempted to politely nudge the assistant again. Mainly, I am at the point where I just want to know, and I feel like it's been quite a while....would this be impolite? I'm really torn, I don't want to come across as impatient, but I would sort of like to move forward, especially because I am working on other projects that I might like to query, and if it comes to that, I would like to put this current one aside (I have some materials out elsewhere, this is just the longest-standing).

Thank you for any help!

Offline Tabris

• I rock!
Re: Nudging R&R a second time?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 03:48:17 PM »
I would say wait a bit longer. In effect, it's a new submission, so it might be that they plan to take six months on the revised version. At this point, if the assistant read it as she said, then she's passed it along to the agent.

I hope you're still querying it. While I feel like the agent who gave the R&R should have dibs on the revised manuscript, they've had it now for four months. That's enough time for "dibs."