Author Topic: Hi from Tygered  (Read 375 times)

Offline Tygered

Hi from Tygered
« on: March 15, 2022, 09:30:10 AM »
Hello everyone,
I just joined QT. Please be patient with me while I learn the ropes.
A few details about me. I live in Overland Park, KS (near to Kansas City, MO). We are blessed to be near our children and grandchildren (4)
My wife and I call Los Angeles home, but I clicked my ruby shoes together and here we are.  :no: OK, not really.
I'm a retired programmer (coder to you new guys) My last job was at UCLA (the greatest job ever).
I have been writing off and on since college days and even published a couple of short stories.
But when the election was stolen in 2016, my anger, despair, disappointment, inspired me to write a novel. Now, more than five years later I'm looking for an agent
(I know, I'm not a fast writer, but not a slow writer either. I hope I'm not a half fast writer.)  :emb:
I have sent out 6 queries so far and received my first rejection a few days ago. Yea, I'm not a virgin anymore.  :wink:
I look forward to receiving some critiques of my work and reading other author's works.

Offline Tallis

Re: Hi from Tygered
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 01:03:44 PM »

Hi Tygered,

Welcome aboard!  I'm relatively new here myself (joined last fall) but have found it a supportive and thought-provoking community.  I look forward to seeing your contributions!