Author Topic: Hello From East Nashville!  (Read 221 times)

Offline JCFMathieson

Hello From East Nashville!
« on: November 09, 2022, 12:33:43 PM »
I am a writer from East Nashville. I have 12 completed books in my canon, and 1 WIP. I have sent out over 200 queries including poetry publishers on the academic side.

100+ rejections so far. I keep pressing on! I have been writing since 1977 when I was 14. I have another dozen books I never finished. 500+ poems I never finished. They were all lost when a hard drive crashed, and were unrecoverable. :(

My Novels:

Blue Sunday
Balabushka Red
Black Train Blues. (Heavy cardboard bound paper copy that was never returned from beta reader, and now she is deceased. Book is lost. :()

My Novellas:

Hanah's Eyes
Shayla's Dream
Black Smoke Horizon
Star Fruit
Crow's In The Rain
Dark Night In Brooklyn
Serena's Voice
Springs Children
The Mayor Of Commerce Street

WIP Novella

Feasting on Cumulonimbus: A Psilocybin Love story

Poetry

December Collected poems 2016-2022

Offline Tallis

Re: Hello From East Nashville!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »
Welcome, JCF!  I hope you'll find this a collegial and helpful community, as I have.

Offline JCFMathieson

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »
Been looking for such a site! I was on MSWL too. Twitter was a bust. Could not find many active writer's groups on there. Reddit had too much junk!

Offline Neil Lynch

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 05:05:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum and may I say that is some list you've got there!  Black Train Blues - was that before the world went computer-mad?  Either way, sad to hear you lost your only copy.  And you lost so much on a hard drive wipeout?  You gotta back up your precious efforts - in triplicate.  Or the world might just never get to see your very best work.  And you wouldn't want that, would you?

Give us a shout when the WIP novella is ready for showcasing (should you be up for posting parts on this forum).  Sounds like it could be right up my street.  Hope you have a great time, here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 05:11:45 PM by Neil Lynch »
Only ONE person to my knowledge has ever written a novel on ending the ECOCIDE...

Youtube promo video for Zen And The Art Of Saving Life On Earth (FREE novel):  https://youtu.be/gVTvVepMiCY

Or just head to: https://tinyurl.com/mr8b5dh8 to have a read of the novel / download it directly.

Cher.

Offline JCFMathieson

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 01:24:13 PM »
Thanks Neil! I appreciate the welcome!