Author Topic: Hi. Sullivan here. I'm from Indiana... and yet I'm not.  (Read 261 times)

Offline Sullivan

Hi. Sullivan here. I'm from Indiana... and yet I'm not.
« on: November 20, 2022, 10:07:52 PM »
Hello to the people of Q Forum. I'm a newbie, hoping to tap into your advice, comments, and camaraderie as people with the same passion as I. I have finish my first book and have learned firsthand how difficult constant rejection can be- ouch! Soon I hope to offer up my first pages, synopsis, etc.to you. I look forward to meeting all of you, and welcome your criticism- Sullivan

Offline susan-louise

Re: Hi. Sullivan here. I'm from Indiana... and yet I'm not.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 11:03:09 PM »
Sullivan, welcome to the Forum. I've never met anyone from Indiana...and yet not :)
This is such a comfortable space for sharing work. It can also yield unexpected and cherished friendships.
Congratulations for  finishing your book.  Best wishes ahead.

Offline jhartsock

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »
Hello!  I'm also from Indiana (fully and completely). Does Indiana feature in your novel?

Offline JenLWBN

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 06:11:40 PM »
Hello!  I'm also from Indiana (fully and completely). Does Indiana feature in your novel?

jhartstock! I just replied to your post on my thread and am now seeing you're a Hoosier (or a Hoosier transplant, but either way...) I am also a Hoosier! Columbus. And although you didn't ask me this question, I'll respond...my book takes place here. In fact, Story, IN (not sure where you're from) is a setting for one of the chapters, and Brown County in general as well.

Offline jhartsock

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 06:57:24 PM »

jhartstock! I just replied to your post on my thread and am now seeing you're a Hoosier (or a Hoosier transplant, but either way...) I am also a Hoosier! Columbus. And although you didn't ask me this question, I'll respond...my book takes place here. In fact, Story, IN (not sure where you're from) is a setting for one of the chapters, and Brown County in general as well.

Love Brown County! I saw Steel Magnolias at a tiny little theater there when it was still a stage play.

My (completed) book takes place in Chicago, but a second one I'm working on takes place in Indianapolis and Bedford - the plot intersects with the history of the quarries. My day job is in health care with an adjunct teaching position, which is why your book is so interesting to me. I bet we know people in common.

Offline JenLWBN

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 09:56:13 AM »

Small world, for certain. My MSW and PhD are from IU, and I've done quite a bit in health care and mental healthcare in the area, so if we haven't crossed paths, I bet we do indeed know folks in common.
What a fascinating tie-in (the quarries). I'd love to learn more.

Love Brown County! I saw Steel Magnolias at a tiny little theater there when it was still a stage play.

My (completed) book takes place in Chicago, but a second one I'm working on takes place in Indianapolis and Bedford - the plot intersects with the history of the quarries. My day job is in health care with an adjunct teaching position, which is why your book is so interesting to me. I bet we know people in common.