Author Topic: I didn't write at all today!  (Read 2474 times)

Offline 3oranges

I didn't write at all today!
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
I thought today would be really productive. Last night I came up with a good idea for my WIP and I was excited to get started this morning, but whenever I found time to write I just... didn't. I posted a few messages, lurked at a few of my favorite haunts, uploaded pictures and emailed them out, and even now, the kids are asleep and I could potentially be writing. Yet I write about NOT-writing instead.

Maybe my subconscious is mulling things over. :bonk:

Anyone else ever have a day they thought would be a writing slum-dunk that turned out to be anything but?

Offline cheermom

Re: I didn't write at all today!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »
For Mother's Day, my family gave me complete peace and quiet to write or edit.  My daughter's are away at college, but didn't text me, like they normally do.  My boys left the house early and didn't return until after 9 p.m.  My wonderful husband spent the day in the bedroom.  He only came out when he was making me something to eat.  I opened completed work and my WIP.  I then spent the day playing Roller Coaster Tycoon...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:18:25 AM by cheermom »
You can't grasp tomorrow, if both hands are holding onto yesterday.

Offline 3oranges

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »
That was great, I still have the smile on my face from laughing out loud.  :rof2:  :rof3:  Yesterday I was the same!! Well, I still had the kids but when the baby was sleeping and the older ones were at school I decided to look through my 5,000-strong picture folder. Then I started on the sudoku. Now I realize that sometimes it's when we expect to be able to write and when there's no excuse NOT to write that we finally reach a new record in our favorite internet games.

Offline lisarogers

• Author Lisa J Rogers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 08:13:37 PM »
I think we can all relate to this I know I can
On Haunted Ground will be released May of 2012 Llewellyn
Angelina's Secret will be released Feb. 2012 Spencer Hill Press
http://talkingaboutghost.blogspot.com/
http://www.site.spencerhillpress.com/Lisa_Rogers.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Rogers-Author-of-Angelinas-Secret/131145736953879

Offline DHE

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »
Oh yeah.  Yesterday was my big day to edit b/c I'd finally settled back in after returning from my trip to the UK and I knew today I was going to be spending the whole day painting my bedroom.  I knew exactly what I was looking to do with it, I had a mission, I had goals, I had lofty ideals...but first I had to check the QT community because I haven't been in so long...then I switched to email...then I checked Query Shark, then peeked at the NYTimes bestseller lists, then realized my Borders coupon was going to expire and popped out to the bookstore, then I played online jigsaw puzzles, then I checked my email again...then I suddenly I realized the sun was down and gave up the whole thing and read. 

Whoops?  Well, I'm determined to get at least an hour in today now that I've finally finished the first coat on my room...right after I'm done with QT...and maybe after I check my email...  :)

Offline 3oranges

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 11:39:10 AM »
Thanks Lisa, I see I'm not alone!!

DHE, that's exactly how it happens with me too!  :rof3: Trying for an hour a day as part of my routine seems to work better. When my DH gave me Saturday afternoon to write I had to turn off my wireless connection to keep myself honest  :angel: