Author Topic: Urban Fantasy Query Letter  (Read 48870 times)

Offline MaryL

• Marissa Clarke
Re: Urban Fantasy Query Letter
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »
I love your query, Kate.  THK made some nice comments.  Congrats and good luck with your submissions!
I write as Marissa Clarke and Mary Lindsey for Penguin/Random House and Entangled Publishing
Repped by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
http://www.marissaclarke.com

Offline katekquinn

• Blog:
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »
Thanks Mary!  I'll take all the good luck I can get! 

Offline DHE

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »
Don't have anything to add. Everyone's advice is great.  Even though the situation's a bit more complicated, I'd still go with "assassin posing as a pizza boy" because it makes more sense at first glance and we don't need to get the underlying dynamics just yet (plus the other way makes it seem like someone's on her doorstep with a sniper gun, who kicks down the door as she tries to run, then pulls a pizza box from behind his back and says "That'll be 17.95."  ;D)

Just wanted to say though that this sounds AMAZING and with everyone's fixes it'll be CRAZY AMAZING.  You've got so much voice and this is so much fun!  Love it!!

Offline katekquinn

• Blog:
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
plus the other way makes it seem like someone's on her doorstep with a sniper gun, who kicks down the door as she tries to run, then pulls a pizza box from behind his back and says "That'll be 17.95."  Grin

:lol:  Hee, hee, hee.  You are so right. 

Thank you so much for all the encouragement as well - I really appreciate it!