Author Topic: Is he kidding?  (Read 5789 times)

Offline HorsebackWriter

• Dream at a gallop!
    • Lefty In My Write Mind
Re: Is he kidding?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 06:59:12 PM »

A few weeks ago I rec'd a QUERY rejection -- it only took ten months -- and did a doubletake bec. it was my PREVIOUS novel.

Lol!

Definitely didn't query them this second time around. I'm shooting for publishing while alive, not posthumously!  :yes:

Em

Author of IF YOU FIND ME, Carnegie Medal '14 nominee, NYTBR Ed.s' Choice June '13, Booklist Youth Ed.s Choice of '13, YALSA BFYA '14 nominee, CYBILS nominee '13, Goodreads Choice Awards '13 nominee: Best Debut GR Author, Best YA Fiction. Translated into 7 languages. Whew.

http://twitter.com/LeftyWrite

Offline DHE

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 03:22:04 PM »
Er...is four months a long time to wait?  Haha.  I guess I just hear so much that the industry is so slow, and not to even nudge until at least 3 months have gone by, that four months seems like a normal waiting time for those agents not reputed to be lightning fast.  I am now assuming...I'm wrong?

Offline Aiala

• Coming soon...
    • Random Ruminations
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 03:52:38 PM »
Er...is four months a long time to wait?  

It's an eyeblink in agent/publisher time, which is not unlike geologic time, by which such things as continental drift and mountain erosion is measured.

The only time they hurry is when they must rush out a quickie bit of trash like the Carrie Prejean book so that they can cash in before everyone forgets who she was.   :)

~A~

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:00:43 PM by Aiala »
"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" ~ Dante Alighieri, Inferno
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7286455-she-s-my-dad
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewpoetry_all.

Offline Jessica V.

• Jessica Verday
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »

The only time they hurry is when they must rush out a quickie bit of trash like the Carrie Prejean book so that they can cash in before everyone forgets who she was.   :)

~A~

Or Michael Jackson books!
"Spectacular! The Hollow keeps you reading from beginning to end without coming up for air." --L.J. Smith, bestselling author of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and NIGHT WORLD

NYT bestselling author of THE HOLLOW trilogy -
www.JessicaVerday.com

Offline Abbey

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 03:07:52 AM »
I just got a rejection on a full after waiting 19 months (this was a big agency, too - not an inexperienced one).  I had sent 4 polite e-nudges with no response.  Yesterday, I sent them an email saying that another agency had just requested an exclusive full (yea!) and I needed an answer from them.  Within an hour, I got a very-standard, very-generic rejection.  Go figure...
The unexamined life is not worth living. --Socrates