Author Topic: Michele Glance Rooney?  (Read 19944 times)

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
Re: Michele Glance Rooney?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 08:21:08 AM »
i have felt such shame 'round here....i have been REJECTED by an agent-scammer! 

in august, when I found you folks, I also found a scammer.  can't remember the name, but you folks (and a google search) told me they were very very bad.

so i sent them a horrible query. 

i just wanted to see what their m.o. was.  they requested a partial, so i sent a truly horrible rough draft.  may have had spelling errors, even, certainly grammar issues and I'm not sure it actually made complete sense.  that was in august.

HAVEN'T HEARD A THING.

sigh.  i hate not being worthy of scam-agents.

be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline audal

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 11:17:05 AM »
Now Joan.  Remember, in this biz, you have to be patient.  I find this especially true when it comes to scammers, as they are a bunch that have fundamental problems with reading.

In the case of scammers, I recommend that you follow up on your query.  And follow up often.  Email them every 45 seconds until they respond.  Email them interesting photos - pictures of dogs mating in the dog park, pics of foreign dignataries in inappropriate stages of undress, and of course, photos of you talking to your toes.  If they still don't respond, send them tough to download song files like Hall & Oates "You Make My Dreams Come True," because remember, jamming up their computers means they have no choice but to read your maunscript.

Have faith, Joan!

(NOTE: The above post:  :lies: )
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 12:45:30 PM »
She wrote back!!!   ;D   :clap:   She's delighted I'm putting finishing touches on my manuscript and can't wait to read it and got my email address off of Writer.net.....I can't believe she wrote back   :draw:
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
Now Joan.  Remember, in this biz, you have to be patient.  I find this especially true when it comes to scammers, as they are a bunch that have fundamental problems with reading.

Have faith, Joan!

(NOTE: The above post:  :lies: )

y'know, i would love to irritate them, but i don't recall who they were!!!  writers helpers or something.

congrats on your query reply, elkie!!!

Offline audal

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 01:32:37 PM »
OK, Elkette... So whatcha' gonna do now?  Please say you're gonna have a li'l' fun with it.  Maybe ask her why you've read so much bad press about her?  Ask her to share a client list?  Y'know, I've heard that it's acceptable protocol to ask her to give the contact info of her "clients" so that you might correspond with them and ask why Ms. Rooney is the agent for you. 

Or, if you wanna just cut to the punchline, "Bite me" would also be appropriate.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 01:44:49 PM »
Wow, she actually confessed to getting your address from writers.net.  I didn't think she would divulge that.  But at least QT is in the clear.

Now you have to do the pirate thing.  Please! Please! Please! do the pirate thing.  (I love that pirate thing)

Offline Miss Java

• Kristal Shaff - Fantasy Author
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »
(chanting)

Pirate

Pirate

Pirate

Pirate....

Offline Emeraldsky

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 01:56:09 PM »
I was thinking the pirate thing too!

When I came out and asked C Nunn what all the bad press was about, she was very very nice and completely straightforward with me -not that she convinced me to side with her, but it was interesting.

(a one bad apple sort of story.. which just didn't ring true after all the research I ended up doing)

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 03:41:51 PM »
(chanting)

Pirate

Pirate

Pirate

Pirate....

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
Joins in the chant...

Pirate...

Pirate...

Pirate...

Pirate...
A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things

Offline Chelc

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »
skipping past all the banter...

how do these scam agents even get everyone's address anyway?! I don't get it  ???

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 05:39:52 PM »
They search writing forums looking for anyone who does not hide their address.  This one confessed to getting Elky's address from writers.net.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 09:59:25 PM »
I don't know how Miss Java finds these.  (She is a smiley blood hound.)  But she asked that I add these smileys in honor of Dear Miss Rooney.

:pirate1: :pirate2: :pirate4: :pirate3:

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »
Sweet!!!:up::clap:
A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:22 PM »
Oh holy crap you guys are killing me!  :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:  I really want to do the pirate thing, but I'd feel so mean! I don't know if I can.   ;D  By the way those pirate smilies are awesome!!!  I'll have to find a pirate avatar  ;D  My eye needs a patch on it or something  ;D
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com