Author Topic: Michele Glance Rooney?  (Read 20122 times)

Offline ADLarrow

Michele Glance Rooney?
« on: October 05, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
Alright, so I was checking my e-mail today and I got one from her asking for a partial.  I did not query her.  Is this a normal thing? And has anyone heard of her before? 

Offline audal

Re: Michele Glance Rooney?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »
Fascinating.  Just yesterday, one of our group was also approached by Ms. Rooney, who is listed on Writer Beware's 20 Worst list.

This is a scam, so do not pursue a relationship with this woman.  It is not normal for an agent to seek out writers -- if you ever receive such a correspondence, be advised that someone is probably trying to scam you.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
I think we should send her a partial of that wonderful book you queried, Audal.

Who Needs 'Em: 12 Easy Steps Toward Getting Your Novel Published Without A Literary Agent.
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com

Offline Emeraldsky

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 03:57:17 PM »
Let's send her the 5words/post story!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:37:24 PM »
YES!!!!!! OH YES!!!!

Offline audal

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:41:48 PM »
I think we should send her a partial of that wonderful book you queried, Audal.

Who Needs 'Em: 12 Easy Steps Toward Getting Your Novel Published Without A Literary Agent.

You think? 

I dunno - I'm still keen on finding a home for Horton Starts A Greasefire before any of my other work.

And I definitely like EmSky's idea.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »
Ha!!  Emsky, it never ceases to freak me out how alike we are!  I was thinking the exact same thing (send the 5 word story) before I scrolled down far enough to see your post - we are so psychically linked - psychotically linked?  Well, one of those is right  ;D  I still haven't heard back from her, which irritates me cause I really want to know where she got my address.  Maybe I should send her something and then email her every day asking for status reports  :clap:
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline audal

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 04:52:43 PM »
Maybe I should send her something and then email her every day asking for status reports  :clap:

Better yet - send her an email saying that you're an agent interested in representing her!

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 04:57:33 PM »
I liked Loth's idea to send her a box of Kool-Aid packets.

We also have the "Agent Quest" story which we can combine with the 5 words to give it more substance http://querytracker.net/forum/index.php?topic=128.0

I did a little more research on this "agent."  She has a reputation for sifting through online writing sites and harvesting email addresses, then offering representation to whoever she finds.  I also did a thorough check of the QT forum.  I used her IP address to make sure she has never visited the forum, she hasn't.  Though she has been to the main QT site, there is no way for her, or anyone else, to get email addresses from there.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 05:06:05 PM »
I'll have to check the 2 other writer's sites I've been on and check my email address there.  I haven't been to them since finding QT  ;D
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »
Hmmmm...something ominous here. What about stuff like Writer's market or other newletters. They may be selling our info. Okay..I'm getting paranoid, yet it hasn't happened to me. I'd probably be goofy enough not to realize it wasn't someone I hadn't queried.

Offline Emeraldsky

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 05:25:56 PM »
Maybe ADLarrow and Elky can get together to see what they have in common?

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 05:53:58 PM »
I'm sure she hits the main sites, such as AbsoluteWrite and writers.net.  Are you guys both members of either one of those?

I doubt she buys a list from anyone, since these kinds of people would rather find the cheapest and most disreputable avenue.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
Yep, those were the 2 sites I was referring to  :)

Offline ADLarrow

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 10:36:15 PM »
right after posting this i googled her, and found out what you have told me.  Apparently she has a lisons in MI to own said buisness but still, since the frist 20 on google were all beware stories, i didn't go farther into it.  but thanks all anyways.  feel loved that I trusted you all enough to save me from another scam before google. ^_^ another burn pervented!! i don't belong to any other sight that I know of, so i have no idea how she could have gotten my address.....humm maybe i'm just unlucky.  oh well thats what i have you for right?