Author Topic: Query for the best book ever  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Lynne

Query for the best book ever
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:58 AM »
Dear Agent,

This is your lucky day!  Attached for your review and enjoyment is my 6,000-word picture book entitled Sparky Squirrel Finds His Nuts.  Follow Sparky's adventures along with his friends Ollie Ostrich, Greta Goose, Timmy Turtle, and Spritzy Skunk.

I know your submission guidelines say "no unsolicited manuscripts," but I know in this case you'll make an exception.  You won't want to miss out on representing the next Dr. Seuss and J.K. Rowling rolled into one!!!

Children and parents everywhere will love this rhyming story, which teaches kids that we can all be friends even though we're all different. 

My brother is really good at drawing so I've asked him to be my illustrator.  I'm sure he'll give you a good deal on the pictures for the book.

Please let me know as soon as possible when we can get rolling on the publication.  I look forward to meeting you and working with you!

Sincerely,

C. Looless

Lilly_Grant

Re: Query for the best book ever
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:58:17 AM »
Another good one.  :rolf:  But sad, because I've seen some of this stuff done in real queries before. 

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »
Love it! ;D But you forgot to tell them how much your mother enjoyed reading it!
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com

Offline Lynne

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
Love it! ;D But you forgot to tell them how much your mother enjoyed reading it!

Darn!  I knew I forgot something.  And I should have mentioned how much my kids love it too.  It's a great bedtime story; they're always sleeping like little angels by the time I finish reading it to them.
I guess I could save that for when I query about the second book in the 10-part series, where readers can delight in following Sparky and his friends on their wacky outer-space adventures, in Sparky Squirrel lands on Uranus.

Lotheus

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 01:08:16 PM »

Sparky Squirrel lands on Uranus.

I think Sparky should explore that planet :rolf: