Author Topic: Jennifer de la Fuente  (Read 2542 times)

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
Jennifer de la Fuente
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
So I'm getting a very cautious feeling about this agent.  I can't find anything on her anywhere. She has an AgentQuery page that has the basics and no sales listed, but if you go to her webpage there's this:

More 2007 Deals To Come

September 27, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Film Rights to THE MIRACLE OF ST. ANTHONY to Walden Media

September 24, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Emotional African-American Eating-Disorder Memoir to Lawrence Hill Books

September 1, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Lead New York Post Sports Columnist’s In-Depth Look at the 1912 World Series to Doubleday

August 15, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Iraq War Veteran’s Inspirational Memoir to Wiley

August 1, 2007: Venture Literary Sells North American Rights to Pro Wrestling Blogger’s Look at the Chris Benoit Tragedy and the “Hart Family Curse” to Kensington

June 8, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Graphic Adaptation of Darwin’s The Origin of Species to Bloomsbury

June 7, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Legendary Basketball Star Lisa Leslie’s Memoir to Dafina/Kensington

June 7, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Book of NASCAR Debates to Wiley.

May 8, 2007: Venture Literary Sells a Critical Look at Sex and the Media to Overlook Press.

April 26, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Critically Acclaimed Non-Fiction Author’s Debut Novel to Thomas Dunne Books

April 17, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Champagne Recipe and Lifestyle Book to Clarkson Potter/Random House

April 16, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Book of Greatest Golf Shots to Triumph/Random House

April 2, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Venture Literary Sells Graphic Narrative of the U.S. Constitution to FSG

March 2, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Michael Parness’ Retirement Book to St. Martin’s Press

February 1, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Celebrated Non-Fiction Author’s Debut Mystery Novel to Kensington Books

January 31, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Debut Novel to Dial Press

January 24, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Humorous Essay Collection on Parenting to St. Martin’s Press

January 15, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Freestyle Motocross Champion’s Memoir to ESPN Books

January 15, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Investment Book on Alternative and Clean Technology to Adams Media

January 4, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Sam Farha’s Omaha How-To Book to Triumph/Random House

January 1, 2007: Venture Literary Sells Hip-Hop Memoir to Ballantine Books

It seems that with a list this impressive there would be more information, right? They have a San Diego AND a New York office and are big into films too...but google only turns up a few pitch session links and what not.  No one's queried her on QT and I can't find her on any boards (AW, Agent Response Times...)  Anyone know anything????
A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things
Something Grave (coming out 9/7/21!)

Offline audal

Re: Jennifer de la Fuente
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
I agree.  Venture is on my Kool Kids list.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »
i don't know anything about the querying process that i haven't learned here, but in other aspects of life, i'd simply call - call the agency and ask if she's an agent in good standing, how long she's been there and who her clients are.
you don't have to give your name, or at least, your real name.
be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »
Thanks guys...I added her to the list. Probably won't get to her until the end of November though!
A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things
Something Grave (coming out 9/7/21!)