Author Topic: QT's Cracked Crystal Ball  (Read 38026 times)

Offline audal

QT's Cracked Crystal Ball
« on: November 12, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »
New game!

AW has some fairly amusing threads in its Writing Exercises section.  Things where a poster makes up an outrageous lie about the previous poster, says something about the previous poster that's true or false, etc...  So, inspired by the sense of community mayhem, I'm initiating something along those lines... and without blatantly ripping them off.

In this "game," you are looking into a crystal ball & getting a slightly distorted vision.  Basically, your job is to predict the future of the previous poster... pretty much with the intention of making everyone laugh either with or at them.

Whoever kicks off this thread will be predicting my future... then their own future is fodder for the next poster.

Everyone gettin' all this?

OK, I put myself on the chopping block.

Have fun!
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Chelc

Re: QT's Cracked Crystal Ball
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
Aud--there's some milky misty stuff....more milky mist...and...aha...
"today is the day you will breathe your last breath"

gasp! what a terrible future!
oh wait...I read that wrong...

"tomorrow is the day your arm will fall off"

pretty bleak...

Offline audal

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:10:03 PM »
Chelc will one day realize that her life is in fact interesting, but will refuse to write her biography because she hates first person narratives.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline audal

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »
NOTE:  As you already see, at times, these threads are bustling with activity & posts overlap.  No big deal - just keep on, keepin' on & pick up with the last poster.  We're nothing if not oft disorganized, right?

P.S. C & L - good stuff!  It's our duty to set a precedent!

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »
ahhh....yesss...zee meests are clearing, yah (my miss cleo impersonation...a little off, sorry, but i haven't had tv in years)...aud will reveal his full name, his mother's maiden name and the name of the agent he most wants to represent him....misty again, hold on....he will reveal this to JJM, who has promised him....wait wait...who has promised him to get him the representation he so desperately wants.....OH! MORE!...aud will also reveal his bank account number to.....to....a member of the nigerian royal family!
be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline audal

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 05:21:56 PM »
Joan will finally wake up and smell the German Coffee.  She will suddenly realize my name was only a dream...

Offline MelanieLane

• Bubble Wrap of DOOM!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 05:32:42 PM »
Soon, very soon you will meet a tall dark stranger who will...yes! Be a reknowned agent, getting you a TEN FIGURE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait. Never mind. The future's shifting! The tall dark stranger will threaten you with a biscotti in your local StarBucks, telling you to hand over your Latte or else!
Got :draw:?

The Deputy Is: Swamped

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 05:37:38 PM »
I see you entering the tavern, greeting aud who is peacefully cleaning up the massive party that had just taken place when all of the sudden, KoolAid, gone berserc from too much sugar added to his mix, crashes through the wall.  You whip out your deputy guns and pop Mr. KoolAid man full of holes!

"what is this?" you say, as gelatinous chunks of solidified koolaid oozes out the sides of the now inanimate pitcher-man

"why, it's chunks of koolaid!" aud exclaims, retrieving a bit.

"wait, I like raspberry, wanna swap?" our fearless deputy asks

"sure," replies aud.  So they swapped chunks and mel left, happily slurping her block of koolaid.
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline MelanieLane

• Bubble Wrap of DOOM!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:55 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's coming...it's coming...you will pose as a squirrel named Zippy and run for Prez of the US! AND WIN! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

...or you'll just come to a great party at the Yo Yo Cafe, and go

"Hey Deputy. Whatcha drinkin?"

"Koolaid chunks," she explicates.

"Can I have one?" you ask with a grin.

"But of course. Raspberry or pina colada?"

"Pina colada."

"Here yah go. Don't drink it all in one place!"

Offline audal

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elky's future actually involves being teleported back in time, where she will mysteriously land at a big door and say, HUH?!"  She will then knock upon said big door, and a servant will open up and say, "Welcome to The Courtland Manor, mum.  How may I be of service to you?"

Yes, she will suddenly realize her novel is actually non-fiction!

(WHOOPS!  Deputy was too quick on the draw... as usual.  Oh well.  leavin my vision up.)

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »
I see you, with a pole and net, attempting to retrieve your errant MC from beneath a desk where she has amassed a pile of holey socks.  Once safely locked back inside your book, you carry her off into the sunset, where you live……well, where you live.    ;D
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline audal

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 08:46:31 PM »
There will come a day when Elky's husband returns from a trip and announces, "Elky (he calls her that, too), I have something important to tell you.  I no longer have a thing for elk.  My new favorite animal is the porcupine!"

The merry band over at QT will have a field day with her adjusted user name.

Offline MelanieLane

• Bubble Wrap of DOOM!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:00:48 PM »
I see audal having a future as a stand up comedian. His signature shtick will involve pineapples and the Deputy's firing techniques.

Offline audal

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »
Hmmmm... I got double-whammied!  OK, I'll tell both your futures!

Lannie will learn the latin translation for Lame-O, but will be unable to smoothly incorporate it into her signature line.

and.... um....  A-Ha!

Deputy Lane will be recruited by the CIA for real.  But she will turn down their offer when she's told that that there are no such things as government-issued blue wigs.

:draw: anyone else?

Offline MelanieLane

• Bubble Wrap of DOOM!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GOV ISSUED BLUE WIGS?

THE SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, audal's future is thus: He really works for the CIA (his cover's a bestselling author) and HE'S the one who lies to the Deputy about the CIA's wigless state  so she'll write the next great American novel instead of being a spy and become a multimillionaire. Sure, he's on the Deputy's bad side because of the wig thing, but he made her a millionaire, so she eventually forgives him and they have awesome parties in the establishment they establish in DC called QC - The Quillkeeper's Tavern upstairs and the Yo Yo Cafe downstairs. Cafe's open from 5am-5pm and the Tavern's open from 5pm-5am.